User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you did your PDI did you accept this rig with the list you outlined in your original post?

It looks like most of your list has been addressed and completed. Have you brought this list to Grand Design's attention or just the dealership. I can assure you that Grand Design wants to hear from you first hand, even if the dealership is addressing these issues.

If you think Keystone or Jayco are in the same league as Grand Design, I'm just going to suggest that you come here to Elkhart and take a tour of all three factories......you'll quickly change your mind.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunate to read about so many quality issues but not surprising with the RV industry. If the U.S. had a lemon law for RV's, it would help to hold the industry more accountable. However, efforts to establish such legislation has always been opposed by the RVIA which is a joke since they do nothing to police the manufacturers.

Bottom line, there is no one holding them accountable for their work.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Unfortunate to read about so many quality issues but not surprising with the RV industry. If the U.S. had a lemon law for RV's, it would help to hold the industry more accountable. However, efforts to establish such legislation has always been opposed by the RVIA which is a joke since they do nothing to police the manufacturers.

Bottom line, there is no one holding them accountable for their work.
    I believe its up to the consumer, if sales go south and they gets lots of complaints they will have to step up to the plate. We purchased a 2019 2150 RB last may. During the walk through is when I found out the awning was black on black........... Had I have known that prior to the sale , I would have walked away and gotten the Wilderness 2400 RB same layout. What in the world were they thinking. It was insufferable trying to sit under it in any amount of sunshine. I have since purchased new material and will get installed in a few weeks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a thought here....I think GD got hugely popular in the last couple of years. With growth, comes growing pains. They likely want to flip them out faster since the demand is there now that their name is out. My local dealers only have a handful models. I assume it's from production speed issues. I just ordered mine and they are telling me 6-8 weeks, which seems pretty quick to me.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering. . . . Does anyone think a typical "list of issues" would be shorter for a Solitude vs. Reflection or Imagine? Just wondering if there's any evidence to suggest GD pays more attention to the higher end line of rigs.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Just wondering. . . . Does anyone think a typical "list of issues" would be shorter for a Solitude vs. Reflection or Imagine? Just wondering if there's any evidence to suggest GD pays more attention to the higher end line of rigs.
    You might want to join the Grand Design Full Timers facebook group. Many of us have not had any issues and while we've been ocean to ocean 2 1/2 times, many full timers have covered many, many more miles without issues.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I paid for an independent inspection before I picked our unit up. Best money I ever spent. He found a bunch of normal stuff, easy fixes. He also found that the roof wasn't properly sealed or stretched correctly. GD said BS, I said you can keep it, the General Manager of the dealership got involved and fixed the roof saying he'll get GD to cover it or he would eat it himself. Not sure if they stepped up or not.
    The unit was really not bad compared to others I have bought, other than the roof. I'm a big fan of my dealer now though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    We had a ‘17 Reflection and now a ‘19 Solitude. All I recall on the first is one shower door roller failed while still in warranty. Slide adjustments on the Solitude. Waiting on cap light replacement for melting , which GD authorized even though we are past the warranty period. I have made a few minor repairs myself because it was easier than hauling it in to the dealer. Pretty satisfied with both units overall.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    When you did your PDI did you accept this rig with the list you outlined in your original post?
    Not sure what you mean by "accept". Some issues were noted during the PDI and parts ordered then. Some of the issues were not discovered until later. I don't get how most of the issues made it out the door with all the "quality inspections" and superior workforce. Comparing this one to my last 2015 32' FR Rockwood TT, which admittedly had less features, there were 20 more problems with the GD. One funny side note; the salesman told me they did their own PDI, LOL yeah right.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "accept". Some issues were noted during the PDI and parts ordered then. Some of the issues were not discovered until later. I don't get how most of the issues made it out the door with all the "quality inspections" and superior workforce. Comparing this one to my last 2015 32' FR Rockwood TT, which admittedly had less features, there were 20 more problems with the GD. One funny side note; the salesman told me they did their own PDI, LOL yeah right.
    "Accept" as in these issues that you mentioned should have been caught during the inspection process or by the dealership should have also been caught during your walk through. If you don't accept (take possession and pull it off of the dealership's lot) it until all issues are resolved, they will throw all kinds of man power at it, have parts shipped two day, etc. to get it all corrected and in your possession (and off of their books).

It's best to have a new or used RV inspected by an inspector that is certified through NRVIA (National RV Inspectors Assoc.)..... https://nrvia.org/locate/ It will cost you a few hundred bucks but I can assure you that neither the factory or the dealership has the man power to spend six or eight hours on every RV that comes on to their lot. And while Grand Design has far less issues on new units than the other mfgs. even they have issues once in awhile.

If you're ever in the Elkhart area be sure to tour Grand Design and then tour two or three other mfgs. and you'll quckly see that Grand Design is above the others in quality. For the record, I do not work for Grand Design nor do I personally know anybody that does. However, I have been doing the tours this past week and I have been to five Grand Design rallies along with other makes. Besides being an owner of Momentum 376TH, I am also a vendor and knowing what I know about RVs and what I've learned........I am very greatful to own a Grand Design.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast