User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    It's best to have a new or used RV inspected by an inspector that is certified through NRVIA (National RV Inspectors Assoc.)..... https://nrvia.org/locate/ It will cost you a few hundred bucks but I can assure you that neither the factory or the dealership has the man power to spend six or eight hours on every RV that comes on to their lot. And while Grand Design has far less issues on new units than the other mfgs. even they have issues once in awhile.
    Yeah, I didn't think the dealer spent much time, maybe 20 minutes, doing any kind of PDI. Just thought it was funny when the salesman made that statement, like they would actually correct problems. As far as the factory, they claim to do many quality inspections, during and after the build. Comparing this TT to my previous Forest River, this one had many more issues. Hopefully I was just unlucky and most buyers have little to no problems. The condition of the frame is surprising; welds, surfaces and stacked pieces rusty right off the lot. I'm sure we will enjoy our travels and I'm grateful there are no major issues like a roof leak. I just expected a better experience. I think at this point I don't want to beat a dead horse, nuff said.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    follow up on the meeting with my dealer --- dealership is taking the 21 G back and we are taking a 2500RL and cash back .... too many issues to deal with --
    Cudos to my dealer and the GM ---- Grand Design has yet to accept responsiblity for a poor build -- even after Many conversations about the unit.
    Last edited by sharont; 08-21-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brewhedd-- Totally agree with you!!! Some of us have never purchased a brand new RV and honestly are so excited to get a new RV that unfortunatly we may overlook some minor issues or not know what is right until we start using it. Sure we should do research and hire a RV inspector but the manufacturer should take some pride in their craftsmanship and deliver on their motto of doing a quality inspection before delivery. Sure the RV industry does not have the same standards as some industries but it's no excuse for not having pride in a RV you are selling for $30,000-$50,000 dollars.

My initial list has some of the same issues:
    1) Entry door hard to close and stay latched. *-I fixed this myself, with some proper lube and drilling out were the door striker hits.
    4) 3 skirting braces not attached due to broken screws. *-I had 6 screws broken, how do screws get broken from factory to dealership with the expectation they will hold up traveling thousands of miles?
    6) Outside kitchen “door” wouldn’t lock and lock damaged drawer. *Same here..have not had it fixed
    7) Edges of stove extending above counter top. *Same here...have not had it fixed
    13) Shower enclosure wall at bottom not secured properly. -Dealer did fix, said it was never glued down properly
    14) Shower enclosure walls not adhering to bathroom walls causing gap at top......Dealer did fix
    16) Shades appear to be too short and losing creases, not maintaining shape when opening....fixed them myself
    18) Frame was rusting at delivery, untreated welds and surface rust. I have treated most areas. ..totally rusted out..not sure they will do anything about this but if they do please share
    23) Living room slide noise due to not being lubricated. -None of my slides were properly lubricated or adjusted....never owned slides before so was not sure what was normal noises...dealer did lubricate but still make awful noises when opening and closing especially when its hot outside.

Keep us informed on what they actually fix
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    70 and never had a house, RV (Lance, Arctic Fox,Fan, Maple leaf), boat, apt, condo, car or wife without some issues--perfection or near it, in my opinion, doesn't exist. bought my Reflection based on what happens when the issues become apparent after sale --now full time 6 months, after retirement and find myself smiling a lot....

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In America the lemon law only applies to vehicles that are motor driven also. So I guess your country is no more "polite" then ours. 🤯

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Brewhedd;251364]Travel Trailer is about 4 months old and we just returned from a 30 day trip. I thought it would be a good idea to post a list of issues for anyone looking for a review. We bought this because we liked the way the interior looked and it had a washer/dryer hookup. Impressed with most of fit and finish, not impressed with the amount of problems. I'm going to contact GD to see about fixing the rest of the issues. I returned to the Dealer in Jacksonville for repairs twice which I can no longer afford to do as it costs me $100 for a round trip (1 trip to drop off, 1 to pickup). Hopefully I can take it to Tampa which is not quite as far and less tolls.

1) Entry door hard to close and stay latched. *
    2) “Equalizer” in center of leaf springs has 2 fittings that can’t be greased.
    3) Bathroom sink small dent in front. *
    4) 3 skirting braces not attached due to broken screws. *
    5) Broken screw in slide out trim. *
    6) Outside kitchen “door” wouldn’t lock and lock damaged drawer. *
    7) Edges of stove extending above counter top. *
    8) Finger pulls on both pocket doors fell out. *
    9) Latch on drop down bunk needed repair. *
    10) Sewer cap cracked and leaks. *
    11) Fresh water drain valve leaks. *
    12) Hot water heater exterior door not closing properly. *
    13) Shower enclosure wall at bottom not secured properly. *
    14) Shower enclosure walls not adhering to bathroom walls causing gap at top.
    15) Master bedroom door not installed properly, one wall out of plumb both ways. Trim and jamb cracked. Dealer replaced jamb and trim. I had to remove, shim and reinstall for door to close without gaps. *
    16) Shades appear to be too short and losing creases, not maintaining shape when opening.
    17) Ceiling trim in bedroom and bunkroom is loose.
    18) Frame was rusting at delivery, untreated welds and surface rust. I have treated most areas. *
    19) Living room slide floor carpet (upper piece) was installed crooked, 1 ½ inches difference
    front to back.
    20) Moving part of awning frame does not line up with attached part when closed.
    21) Roof covering is molding at underlayment joints, weird.
    22) Light above docking station not working.
    23) Living room slide noise due to not being lubricated. *
    24) Shower door track at bottom corners not caulked properly causing leak (on a trip). I removed
    and replaced caulk.

Your list looks a lot like mine.
    I could add:
    Three windows on the passenger side. One chipped, one had the detentes broken off so it wouldn't stay up and the bedroom window unlatches and opens on it's own while traveling.
    The hot water heater has no temperature regulation and overheats the water to scalding.
    None of the suspension was greased. Four wet bolts wouldn't take grease.
    Kitchen cabinet door catches not installed in the right place to take the prong.
    Of five self tapping bolts on the passenger side of the gas line four were snapped clean off, only one was holding the gas line on.
    There is more, I'm disappointed to see others having the misery I am. I traded in a FR Flagstaff V-lite for this trailer that never had a defect or warranty item. After use it had wear and tear that was easy to keep up with.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure how to reply to this thread; we bought a new 2670MK last year and are still in the final stages of dealing with warranty issues, my only real comment is that the quality of finishing is very very questionable. I had about 20 issues, the majority were little and I could have attended to most of them but the trailer was new and why should I? Several issues required the ordering of parts from the factory which twice ended up in worst condition than that of what I was trying to replace. I am not sure who along the inspection chain is or was responsible for a final inspection but clearly they were not doing their job. My pet peeve was the number of staples that was used to tack wood trim and wood together, obviously there is a shortage of decent glue at the factory which should have been employed instead of a slew of staples in one area. I could talk about the poor quality of visible photo wood that was used, and after of year of use, is very much showing wear and tear. It just goes to show you, $50K really does not buy much. I can appreciate that weight is an issue but quality has to be important. The sales staff talked about the porcelain toilet but failed to mention the plastic seat, sink fittings and many other items that will fail or start to look worn in a very short time. I like the trailer, layout etc but don't like the issue that someone went to great lengths to save money. I just hope what i can not see is better than what I can see. It will be a labour of love owning the trailer and be prepared for lots of love down the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just purchased a 2850 MK I am full timer in this trailer is incredibly spacious and everything works and there were no deficiencies on delivery

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Momentum 381 had a similar size list when it was new. I've got it down to one item remaining. I hoping that GD will fix that at the rally in Goshen, Indiana. I owned a much less expensive 5th wheel before the 381 and only had 1 quality issue with it in 7 years of ownership. GD has a long way to go on quality control!!!!!

Gary

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a 2500RL earlier this month. The only two issues I’ve found are the shower door doesn’t always retract the last two inches, and the toilet paper holder wasn’t mounted. Is that normal on the TP? Other than that I’d say I’m pretty happy with the product.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast