User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    No ad and I don't have an agency......I am retired. By suggesting that the consumer get a certified RV Inspector is simply to help protect the consumer because the RV industry is what it is and I'm certainly not defending that. Everybody has a choice....get an inspector or not.....but things that you mention are issues with your rig will be caught by an inspector. They are trained to look for things that the average consumer is not trained to look for.

Regarding your issues, I assume you've contacted Grand Design directly. If you have and you're still not getting the service or attention that you feel you should get from the Grand Design customer service (not the dealership) then run it up the flagpole.....go over his/her head. This is exactly what we were asked to do when we did the factory tour.

I empathize with your situation. That has not been my experience and we've drug this thing all over the nation however, I do know that it happens. While it may not happen with GD as often as it does other mfgs., that doesn't lessen the frustration with you and others in your situation.

For the record, I feel the same way about dealerships that you do and I voiced that during our tour. Ask GD if you can go to an independent RV repair shop and not a dealership (somebody who does repairs only and their business depends on customer satisfaction). They have told many of us "take it to anybody you want except Camping World, have them trouble shoot it and give us a call". Other mfgs. do not do that. Give GD a call, run it up the flag pole.....just a suggestion.
    I fully agree on getting an RV red sealed inspector. When I was insisting that major repairs needed to be done I hired one. Best $100 I’ve spent on this rig yet. GD received the report and repairs were made to my satisfaction.
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    Not sure why you keep insisting people spend money for an RV Inspector. If a company is proud enough to ask $50,000 for a RV they should be proud to stand behind their reputation and produce a "quality product". Not saying GD products are not made better than other products but they do have some QCI issues that need to be addressed. I buy a new truck about every three years, never crosses my mind I should spend the money for a "Truck Inspector" before spending $50,000 on a truck that I use everyday.

So why should an RV be any different? If GD is "really" doing all of these QCI then we has the consumer would not be taking rigs back with a laundry list of problems. Its a pretty simple fix, catch these items before they leave the factory, saves the dealer and the consumer time and money.
    What should be is irrelevant to what actually is. I prefer to deal with what is. It just works out better.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh.. looking at this thread, I realized how lucky I was.
    I did not have that many issues.. may be about 4.

- Outside sprayport has not water
    - Floor got damaged by the slide-out
    - TV is installed the right side lower than the left
    - Kitchen sink's cover got somehow stuck to the caulk around the sink. I pulled out the cover with my force and it ripped out some part of the caulk. I had to caulk it again.

RV trailers are manually built with hands..I guess minor defects can't be avoided.
    I will probably consider Lance next time, but I'm happy with my GD trailer so far (Imagine 2400bh)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel lucky too with our imagine, I think I’ve found three faults now. But it seems wrong that the folks spending 2x-3x as much are this many problems.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilee View Post

RV trailers are manually built with hands..I guess minor defects can't be avoided
    Yep, built by hands and quality control inspections by those with 20/200 eyesight.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great eyesight. My 2930 hot and cold was plumbed backwards. Hard to tell those blue and red hoses apart. Also insulation left on ends of AC connectors. So AC obviously didn't work. Easy fixes but again shouldn't have left factory. Id say they never checked the hot and cold faucets or turned the AC on. Next item is a very squeaky and squishy floor on front of kitchen slide. No telling what's causing that. On the list to be checked when goes back to the dealer. Have owned it little over a month now and made three weekend trips. Too early to take back to the dealer until other unknown gremlins appear.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    Great eyesight. My 2930 hot and cold was plumbed backwards. Hard to tell those blue and red hoses apart. Also insulation left on ends of AC connectors. So AC obviously didn't work. Easy fixes but again shouldn't have left factory. Id say they never checked the hot and cold faucets or turned the AC on. Next item is a very squeaky and squishy floor on front of kitchen slide. No telling what's causing that. On the list to be checked when goes back to the dealer. Have owned it little over a month now and made three weekend trips. Too early to take back to the dealer until other unknown gremlins appear.
    My shower hot and cold is plumbed backwards as well... dealer said they could fix it.... think I will leave it... no leaks now....so why mess with it...
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my 297RSTS is plumbed backwards in the kitchen. One of those things I will have to fix eventually. At least I have the tools and knowledge so I don't end up paying an arm and leg for such a simple problem.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the NHTSA report in my email every week on Monday. Since I have been getting it - only several months - GD has been on Zer times. I know that this is only for relatively major items, but Everyone EXCEPT GD has been on it. As for Issues with some rigs as posted here, I feel bad that you are having these issues. It's a shame and should not happen. I have had only minor issues, and both the dealer and GD responded promptly with parts - to the extent of Overkill. That being said there is simply too much inconsistency out there, be it GD, Keystone, or the multitude of others. Therefore for self protection alone, if you have fears, as JCZhome has suggested, get a certified inspector. I did not, and have had no issues that my PDI picked up, and the dealer was right there going over everything. Everything I found later was minor, and arguably did not HAVE to be fixed. As has been stated many times in multiple previous threads, we hear mainly about the issues, not the bright spots, and that's probably how it should be.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GDRV does not test the water system using water for new builds or "re-builds." Stay with me now........they don't use a different fluid either or do they have a top secret water testing weapon. I was going to say "high tech" secret water system but I knew you folks would see right through that.

They test the water system in the nearly 300 point pre-delivery factory PDI using an air pressure test. Hmmmm......well we know that approach will not catch potential water leaks because occasionally some owners do experience a water leak. We found out last spring after getting our walls replaced along with having a new water system panel installed. Yup, you guessed it, when we hooked up to city water we had a massive leak. Thank goodness we were at the GDRV factory campground. I called Val in the service center and seconds later there was a tech walking across the parking lot to our RV.

I shared that I was totally caught off guard and a little dis-appointed that our re-built RV had a massive water leak that I had to find. That's when he share that they only do a pressure test and not by using water from the pump or city hookups. I asked why an air pressure test would be fine but a water hook-up test would fail. I do not recall the answer that he gave. I suspect some of the much smarter folks on here can chime in and answer that.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast