User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    GDRV does not test the water system using water for new builds or "re-builds." Stay with me now........they don't use a different fluid either or do they have a top secret water testing weapon. I was going to say "high tech" secret water system but I knew you folks would see right through that.

They test the water system in the nearly 300 point pre-delivery factory PDI using an air pressure test. Hmmmm......well we know that approach will not catch potential water leaks because occasionally some owners do experience a water leak. We found out last spring after getting our walls replaced along with having a new water system panel installed. Yup, you guessed it, when we hooked up to city water we had a massive leak. Thank goodness we were at the GDRV factory campground. I called Val in the service center and seconds later there was a tech walking across the parking lot to our RV.

I shared that I was totally caught off guard and a little dis-appointed that our re-built RV had a massive water leak that I had to find. That's when he share that they only do a pressure test and not by using water from the pump or city hookups. I asked why an air pressure test would be fine but a water hook-up test would fail. I do not recall the answer that he gave. I suspect some of the much smarter folks on here can chime in and answer that.

Dan
    And it wount catch it hot and cold is plumbed backwards...... lol
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a positive note....Our 5 month shake down cruise is coming to an end..... and we couldn't be happier
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Big Blue - don't get me wrong.......for those who have been around the forum for sometime know that Carol and I are one of the top GDRV cheerleaders who have shared the good; the bad; and the ugly over the years. We have great relationships with a number of top factory folks. They have treated us extremley well and we love our 303 and the folks at GDRV.

Good to hear your shake down travels were great ! This is more often the case by a huge margin.

@JMCFAN - that means that they would have to do a water heater test too (AC and maybe propane.) That would be wonderful for a few reasons but not so much for the production line for thousands of units to catch the very very few.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 09-23-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    On a positive note....Our 5 month shake down cruise is coming to an end..... and we couldn't be happier
    we have had 6 trips....and over 5000 miles... and the ONLY issue is shower is plumbed backwards...I have decided to leave it... so I am more then happy..... the 50 vs 80 breaker for the slides was dealt with quickly....
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post

Good to hear your shake down travels were great ! This is more often the case by a huge margin.
    I would be interested to see some data about problems with new units.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SGT ROC,
    I could not keep reading all these posts without making a comment myself about our experiences. This will be a , "Bright Spot," post, as so far for the past 5 years we have had a very Positive experience with both our RV's. Our first was a 35 Ft Keystone Outback TT and we had ZERO issues with it traveling from Austin Tx to Washington state and back twice in two years. Also went east to Nashville, Tn and Memphis. We put at least 15000 miles on that Trailer and had Not one issue, with components or with tires. We traded that in on our new 2018 310GK in Jan 2018. We took that to Washington state and back to Corpus Christi, Tx in Apr 2018 with No issues. We were gone 5 one half weeks crossing the Rockies and in Wyoming winds in excess off 70 Knots and not a single issue. Would Not recommend doing that to anyone, and will never do it again. The 310 GK held up well in that wind on I 80,, I believe. We stayed two days just off the freeway at an RV stop in Rawlins in those winds. Did not want to drive in that.
    Have also gone to Colorado and South Dakota three times in our 310GK, and Not a single component failed. Our Westlake G rated tires did fine and we had more than 15000 miles on them, when I decided to replace them with Good Year 610 G's. The tire shop couldn't believe I was replacing the Westlakes, as they still looked new! The posts about Westlake Tires finally got to me and I changed them out last month. Just got back from Fredericksburg Tx and am back to Austin. Maybe I am just Lucky, but I am leaning towards the people who say it is the luck of the draw at the factory that puts these trailers together. Some crews are more diligent than others. I do know that I enjoy being able to use the experience of everyone on this forum to stay safe and keep my systems functioning. I do feel like I am becoming paranoid at times about all the posts and then running out and checking my Rig. The wife is talking about getting me medication to calm me down! LOL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the website, once inspected at the factory it is then sent to a third party for a 255 pt checkout. Then it is released for sale to a dealer that is suppose to check it out also. Do they not send to this third party anymore? Just bought a reflection 337 and thus far no problems. 🤞

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678