User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot Water Heater temp

I have noticed that the hot water temperature is not nearly as hot this trip. I have it on gas and electric. The outdoor Taps are off.
    Any suggestions? Is there a way to increase temp?
    The burner is lighting up and runs fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sure sounds like the problem with the outdoor faucet being on. I would recheck and make sure the hot and cold valves are closed.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did. I doubted myself and checked again. It is definitely off. Running the hot there is the same temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured it out, came from the dealer with the water bypass valve open. Now the water is piping hot,,,[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappel View Post
    I figured it out, came from the dealer with the water bypass valve open. Now the water is piping hot,,,[emoji3]
    wonder why the "bypass valve" if it is truly that, would allow the water to be any temperature but cold/fresh tank temp?? Speaking of which, can I assume there is a thermal override that would keep a bypassed tank from boiling dry?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question! The valve was in the open position so hot and cold was mixing before the taps. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	22389

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the flow blocked, I wonder how you would ever have any hot water pressure? I'm pretty sure there's a lot I don't know about winterizing revolving around the hot water tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get to this valve? Did you have to unscrew and remove the whole water heater? We have a Transcend 31rlk and our water is Luke warm with spurts of hot water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappel View Post

I had the same problem this past spring, when I took my trailer out of storage. After flushing the anti-freeze I opened the valves to the water heater, but neglected to close the bypass valve.
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    2012 GMC Denali 1500, 6.2, Air Bags
    Equal-I-Zer 1000 System Hitch

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by almo88320 View Post
    wonder why the "bypass valve" if it is truly that, would allow the water to be any temperature but cold/fresh tank temp?? Speaking of which, can I assume there is a thermal override that would keep a bypassed tank from boiling dry?
    almo, the two reasons I can think of for bypassing the water heater: replacement (or replacement of parts such as plug, pressure release valve) and winterizing. In either case, why would your water heater be turned on?

Also, re: your question about warm water from the pipes when the WH is bypassed, the heater gets so hot when running, that the nearby water lines, cabinetry, floor, all heat up as well. You just haven’t run the water long enough for it to cool down the lines.

GD and other manufacturers should put the nice diagram supplied above on the inside door of the closest cabinet!
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 12-15-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast