User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    robertson2015

TV sound through the sound system

We love our new 379FL. The only complaint I have is that the 50 inch Furrion TV has no sound output to the Furrion sound system. The TV has three HDMIs in..a computer input and one component and one standard red/white/yellow connection. The deck hooks to the TV with an HDMI cable only. We pulled the deck out..it has room for connections but the TV has no outputs. In fact there is a dangling cord behind the TV that hooks to the deck, but the TV has no place for it to connect to. Sigh...

This means that only playing DVD movies uses the nice speakers. Hooking a bluray player to the TV will only allow us to use the TV speakers which is not what I expected. Sorta sad. Are all the 379s set up this way?

Harlech
    A bluray player should have additional audio outputs that you can run to the sound system in conjunction to the HDMI you use on the TV. Best bet is an optical output if the Furrion sound system has an optical input.

Sucks that the TV doesn't have an audio pass through, most have an optical or at least a minijack (Like for headphones) that you can use to patch the TV sound to a sound system. But I have been less than impressed with the audio/video equipment 5er's come with. But I yanked my little Haier out of the living room first thing and put a 46" Samsung because everything was just better, picture, sound, ease of use, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 379 as well. Try selecting the Aux on the stereo system. There are a number selections under the Aux position. Ours work with the Aux selected.

KZ
    KZ and Terry Kleinheitz, Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Meka and Prissy (Social butterflies in Dachshound bodies)
    2015 379FL Solitude
    2014 Ram 3500, Crew Cab, Laramie, Cummins, Auto, 4X4, Long Bed, DRW, Andersen Hitch

robertson2015
    Alas, ours does not work that way. We will probably drop some cash to replace the TV at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took delivery on our 379FL a month ago and the Aux position on the stereo sends the sound to the TV, Sound Bar, and two side speakers. While in Aux mode I need to select speaker "A", "B" &"C" to get the three locations. Actually, I haven't found a way yet to get sound without the stereo on Aux and one or more of the three speaker buttons pushed. Haven't spent much time trying yet.
    2015 Solitude 379FL ... Beauty
    2011 Freightliner SportChassis ... Beast
    Southeast Texas

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by robertson2015 View Post
    Alas, ours does not work that way. We will probably drop some cash to replace the TV at some point.
    There is a cable connecting at the bottom of the TV that feeds the stereo system. It can come loose and no sound. It's just a headphone jack.