User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford Extended Warranty - worth it or not?

Lots of discussion around diesel reliability in the thread I started on the new Super Duty Gasser so I figured I'd start a new thread on extended warranty plans.

I purchased my current truck used with 29k miles on it and have only put 2,500 miles on it so far. I love driving this truck but it's not my daily driver. We purchased this truck to give my wife's daily driver a break from towing duties. The warranty on the truck is up at the end of this year. Ford is offering a variety of extended warranty plans but the one I have zeroed in on is their PremiumCARE plan which would cover me through 2024 or until the odometer reads 100k for $3,565 with a $100 deductible or $4,020 with no deductible. This is my first Ford and also my first diesel. If everything works out I'm planning on keeping the truck for 10+ years.

My questions are: Has anyone purchased Ford's extended warranty? If so, have you used it and how was your experience?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F250.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	21932
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy A Real Ford OEM ESP online for much less money. Fortunately it’s available in Oregon.
    https://www.floodfordesp.com/

Click on link above for online quote. It may save you as much as $1,000+
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s Flood Fords prices on ESPs for a 2017 F250 diesel with 32000 miles on odometer. I believe they even offer 0% financing if you call them
    https://www.floodfordesp.com/esp_pla...ubmit=Continue

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Here’s Flood Fords prices on ESPs for a 2017 F250 diesel with 32000 miles on odometer. I believe they even offer 0% financing if you call them
    https://www.floodfordesp.com/esp_pla...ubmit=Continue

Jerry
    Thanks Jerry. Yes, this might save me $1,000+. Do you have any experience with this company?
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is another online, for Ford ESP Plans: zeiglerfordesp.com. This is a Ford ESP,

I have a 13 Ford Diesel, I have the Preminum Care, use it once so far. I took the online price from Zeiler Ford, to my local dealer, who matched it. "Ford Preminum Care" also. This was with in 1 year of my purchase, which mine was a new vehicle.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford ESP is the best in the industry. But ESP is a very profitable business for the company.

Your truck already has a 100,000 mile warranty on the diesel engine. I'd take the money you're going to spend on the ESP and bank it. Then just take care of your truck "by the book." Buy your fuel from a high volume source and change filters often.

And find yourself a top quality independent diesel shop that knows newer PowerStroke engines, and develop a relationship with them. They're out there and they're so much more reasonably priced than any Ford dealership.

My 17 year old PowerStroke in a F250 never had a warranty claim, and it's been very dependable--other than the problematic Camshift Position Sensor. I finally got the truck's suspension aligned 2 years ago, and the air conditioner has still never been discharged.
    Last edited by Bamaman; 08-12-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjunior View Post
    Thanks Jerry. Yes, this might save me $1,000+. Do you have any experience with this company?
    Flood Ford and Zeigler have excellent reputations and reviews selling Ford ESPs from owners on the Ford Truck Enthusiast site. Here’s a typical thread on FTE are:ESP AND flood ford https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...******-app-2.html

I don’t keep vehicles beyond the factory warranty normally.
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=pjmjunior;251390]Lots of discussion around diesel reliability in the thread I started on the new Super Duty Gasser so I figured I'd start a new thread on extended warranty plans.

I purchased my current truck used with 29k miles on it and have only put 2,500 miles on it so far. I love driving this truck but it's not my daily driver. We purchased this truck to give my wife's daily driver a break from towing duties. The warranty on the truck is up at the end of this year. Ford is offering a variety of extended warranty plans but the one I have zeroed in on is their PremiumCARE plan which would cover me through 2024 or until the odometer reads 100k for $3,565 with a $100 deductible or $4,020 with no deductible. This is my first Ford and also my first diesel. If everything works out I'm planning on keeping the truck for 10+ years.

My questions are: Has anyone purchased Ford's extended warranty? If so, have you used it and how was your experience?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F250.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	21932[/hQUOTE]

Shop around, when I checked a while back when I had my f150 it was about $1200 at Flood Ford, your local dealer will get their cut out of the cost. The nice thing you can buy the warranty from any dealer and use it any where. If I would buy a warranty today I would go to Flood Ford even though it's not close to my area
    Mark

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I picked up my new truck recently, the finance guy was offering this "Ethos Group VSC" plan. Some research yielded almost all negative experiences from others so I passed on it. I called Flood Ford and they told me I have up to 12month/12K miles to get the "new" plan. In other words, no cost difference if I buy that plan now or wait just under a year and no need to buy it now. I'm assuming if I opt for the Flood Ford plan after 12 months, the price goes up. Does that sound about right?
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    When I picked up my new truck recently, the finance guy was offering this "Ethos Group VSC" plan. Some research yielded almost all negative experiences from others so I passed on it. I called Flood Ford and they told me I have up to 12month/12K miles to get the "new" plan. In other words, no cost difference if I buy that plan now or wait just under a year and no need to buy it now. I'm assuming if I opt for the Flood Ford plan after 12 months, the price goes up. Does that sound about right?
    Yes Ford adds a $ 100 surcharge if plan is bought after 1 yr/12K miles but before 3/36 expires.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast