User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, only $100 difference to wait just before 3/36? In that case I’ll wait till then and see where life took us.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Oh, only $100 difference to wait just before 3/36? In that case I’ll wait till then and see where life took us.
    From what I was told it goes up $100 yr 2 and another $100 yr 3.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Ford ESP is the best in the industry. But ESP is a very profitable business for the company.

Your truck already has a 100,000 mile warranty on the diesel engine. I'd take the money you're going to spend on the ESP and bank it. Then just take care of your truck "by the book." Buy your fuel from a high volume source and change filters often.

And find yourself a top quality independent diesel shop that knows newer PowerStroke engines, and develop a relationship with them. They're out there and they're so much more reasonably priced than any Ford dealership.

My 17 year old PowerStroke in a F250 never had a warranty claim, and it's been very dependable--other than the problematic Camshift Position Sensor. I finally got the truck's suspension aligned 2 years ago, and the air conditioner has still never been discharged.
    Thanks Bamaman. It's not just the engine I'm concerned with. It's all the electronically controlled components. My father-in-law's F-150 has had both seat cooling fans replaced and now needs a new cabin cooling fan among other things. These are just small items but they add up over time. I'd honestly trust your 17yo powerstroke over my new one due to fewer "gadgets".

Thanks again for your suggestions.
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I bought my 2017 I walked in with the Flood price and my dealer matched it with no interest for 18 months. It saved me over $1,000.00 from what the dealer wanted. I have not had to use it yet with only 20K on the truck, but because of all the electronics, auto running boards, etc I figured it was worth it.
    Tony and Barbara
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F350 KR CC/SB 4X4
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my warranty through these guys. Genuine oem warranty. https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought 7 years Premium Care online from Zeigler on our 13 Expedition Limited. Have used it allot and it has paid for itself. AC compressor, pwr window motor, auto level compressor, running board motor, I think that one was like $1300. My dealer matched Flood pricing on my 17 F350 Lariat diesel, 8 yrs premium care, have not needed any repairs yet, think it was like $2300. Pearce of mind for 8 years coverage on a modern diesel engine. That's a bargain in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    2019 377MBS-R
    2017 Ford F350

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a used 2012 F350 diesel SRW in 2018 with 71,000 privately. The original owner had bought the 7year Premium ESP plan when new. One of the main reasons I bought this truck besides conditions and options was it still had 16 mounts warranty which is transferable. That first year I had it the turbo started acting up. The plan payed for it with a $200 deductible. 6 months later the engine died because of spun bearings. It was replaced for $200.00 deductible. On a diesel it is worth the money if you keep your trucks long periods. Also when Ford replaces parts they are warrantied for 2 years.
    Ron & Dianne

2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2012 Ford F-350 6.7 Diesel, SWR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12