User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you do to your Tow Vehicle Today ?

So I’m an auto enthusiast and new to the grand design community and I didn’t see anything in regards to tow vehicles and modifications maintenance or purchases all of the things that go along with owning a tow rig. So I wanted to start a thread what did you do to your tow vehicle today?

so whatever you did washed it took care of it bought it sold it did maintenance whatever post it up here for fellow enthusiasts and let’s see them tow rigs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4393.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	21943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4475.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	21944
    In good kick off fashion
    I threw on some wheel to wheel steps personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNevs View Post
    So I’m an auto enthusiast and new to the grand design community and I didn’t see anything in regards to tow vehicles and modifications maintenance or purchases all of the things that go along with owning a tow rig. So I wanted to start a thread what did you do to your tow vehicle today?

so whatever you did washed it took care of it bought it sold it did maintenance whatever post it up here for fellow enthusiasts and let’s see them tow rigs

Name:	IMG_4393.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	21943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4475.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	21944
    In good kick off fashion
    I threw on some wheel to wheel steps personally

Nothing today, but we finally got our truck back from the repair shop. After being hit by a hit and run driver while parked in front of our house, it took about a week and a half to get all the kinks worked out. "Kinks" as in both wheels had to be replaced, new panel on truck bed, new hubcap. Plus having to have the hitch removed, and reinstalled so they could take the truck bed off to replace the side panel. Biggest issue we had was the tire pressure sensors kept alerting, after we'd driven about 20 miles down the road. The repair place finally had to take it over to the Ford dealer to get it fixed. Seems to be fine now.

Modifications already done - dash cam, truck bed storage box. Tire pressure (for rig) monitor. Exterior step for us short legged people to actually be able to get into truck. And mud flaps.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you do to your Tow Vehicle Toady?

I’m sorry to hear about the hit and run. Isolated instances such as that make it hard to have faith in humanity.

What dash cam did you end up with? Some of those trigger with impacts with the vehicle turned off.

2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sorry to hear about the hit and run. Isolated instances such as that make it hard to have faith in humanity.

What dash cam did you end up with?

Rexing. .....

We bought two. We put the other one in our regular, everyday car.

In fact, only about a week after installing it in the truck we captured a rear-ender (not involving us) that we sent the video to the owner of the car that was hit.

Of course, we've also captured a person who felt that he needed to be in the lane we were in on the freeway (while we were towing). Needless to say, he thought otherwise when we honked at him.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 08-12-2019 at 08:41 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a total detailing of our F250 today. Sure shines up nicely.

Jeckolame
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Rexing. .....

We bought two. We put the other one in our regular, everyday car.

In fact, only about a week after installing it in the truck we captured a rear-ender (not involving us) that we sent the video to the owner of the car that was hit.

Of course, we've also captured a person who felt that he needed to be in the lane we were in on the freeway (while we were towing). Needless to say, he thought otherwise when we honked at him.
    +1

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I’m an auto enthusiast and new to the grand design community and I didn’t see anything in regards to tow vehicles and modifications maintenance or purchases all of the things that go along with owning a tow rig. So I wanted to start a thread what did you do to your tow vehicle today? so whatever you did washed it took care of it bought it sold it did maintenance whatever post it up here for fellow enthusiasts and let’s see them tow rigs
    I'm not participating in this thread until you stop calling me "Toady". (You can change the title of your thread.)

Also, there's a Tow Vehicles section in the General Tech group here where truck enthusiasts may lurk in greater concentration.

What did I do to mine recently? I drove it! At the risk of being blocked in disgust by the truck enthusiasts here I power-wash our truck 2-3 times per year and have only waxed it once in two years (because the guy who waxed the trailer offered to do the truck for $40). I change the oil and filters immediately when the truck tells me to, and I get it fixed when something stops working (very little has, touch wood), but do little else. In a perfect world, I wouldn't be allowed to own such a nice truck.

Enjoy yours, very nice.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get mine back today... spray in bed liner and undercoating. It may smell for a while, but this one needs to last (I have said for the last 3 trucks).
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I washed the truck yesterday, then it rained (we need the rain ) It's almost like doing a rain dance.
    If it stays cloudy today it might just get a coat of wax.

As Mark (boyscout) pointed out we do have a Tow Vehicle section, so I moved the thread over there

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I'm not participating in this thread until you stop calling me "Toady". (You can change the title of your thread.)

Also, there's a Tow Vehicles section in the General Tech group here where truck enthusiasts may lurk in greater concentration.

What did I do to mine recently? I drove it! At the risk of being blocked in disgust by the truck enthusiasts here I power-wash our truck 2-3 times per year and have only waxed it once in two years (because the guy who waxed the trailer offered to do the truck for $40). I change the oil and filters immediately when the truck tells me to, and I get it fixed when something stops working (very little has, touch wood), but do little else. In a perfect world, I wouldn't be allowed to own such a nice truck.

Enjoy yours, very nice.
    Power wash it 2-3 times a year? I hand wash mine more times that that in a month and I barely drive the thing! Waxed it once in two years? Mine has been waxed twice since I took delivery on November 2nd!

I have always been a habitual truck modifier but I checked every box when I special ordered this truck. It is ridiculously loaded. Before it even arrived I had some TufSkinz Super Duty inserts, the BAKFlip MX4 bed cover, and a BedRug waiting it the garage. A few months later I added a set of Stable Loads, installed the B&W fifth wheel hitch, and the Ford trailer camera/TPMS 7-pin over 12-pin connector and harness to the bed. A couple weeks ago I swapped out the FX4 stickers on the bed. That is literally it! Makes me sad sometimes. Then I go and wash it again.

Name:	20190629_181835_resized.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	21952

Name:	20190629_182104_resized.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	21953

Name:	20190629_182528_resized.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	21954

Name:	20190629_182545_resized.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	21955
    Last edited by JeffD68; 08-13-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast