User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the same problem as the original poster. My awning is in the retracted position, when pressing the button I just hear a clicking sound. Everything I've read says to extend it two turns but I cannot do that. How did you get it to open a little just to get to the wires? Your pictures are great but did you have to open your awning and if so how? Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same problem with our slide out awning. I have found by rocking the awning switch it works without problem. By rocking the switch I mean that if I want the awning to go out I press the retract side of the switch then immediately flip the switch to extend. So far it works every time. When we get home after this trip I will inspect the wiring for possible cause.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got up on the roof and took the 2 Allen screws out to extend the awning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subsailor739 View Post
    I got up on the roof and took the 2 Allen screws out to extend the awning.
    Subsailor

Is yours a Dometic 9100 awning? If so, after you removed the 2 Allen screws out did you have to do anything to stop the tension from opening the awning all the way? I have read everywhere that you must put a pick or something at the back end of the awning through two holes to prevent the tension from taking over. This is what I am concerned about. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have a dometic 9100. Once I got the awning all the way open I put the 2 screws back in to hold the awning open. If you are going to remove the motor or disconnect the motor you will need some sort of pick in the tension end to prevent the awning from rolling up on you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subsailor

Thank you for your help!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dometic has a rubber bumper kit (Free) that helps with extension. It gets the frame moving. Give them a call and they will send you a kit. Part# 3310777.000 Bumper arm kit
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by powerscol; 10-17-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do these bumpers do? Where do they attach to the awning?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subsailor739 View Post
    What do these bumpers do? Where do they attach to the awning?
    They attach about 3/4 of the way down from the top on the back channel ( below the lower arm attachment point) and apply outward pressure on the frame to get it moving. I posted here and at the other place about my bowed awing repair and issues I had with the channel hanging up momentarily when opening. That hang up contributed to my back channel bowing along with the fact the GD did not use all the mounting holes they should have based on Dometics install instructions. They are just 3/4" wide by 1" dia rubber donuts. They really help. They also keep the frames tight during travel.

If you google the part number you can probably find a picture and mounting diagram. However dont be fooled by sites selling them - they are Free from Dometic Just tell them you awing hangs up or pops when opening.

If your nesting frame channels are tight, the motor cant overcome the friction to get things moving. These doughnuts do that. Also as posted by someone else check the power connections for corrosion

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! Thank you for the explanation. I fixed my motor problems by removing the motor and cleaning the plates the brake disc sits between. Maybe if I had these donuts they would have helped overcome the friction like you said. Thanks again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123