Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips on winterizing

We have a few more camping dates scheduled this year but wanted to start building me a checklist for winterizing the RV. We have a 2015 Reflection 323BHS and this is our first RV. Can some of the experienced RV'ers out there provide some tips on the steps to follow to effectively winterize and de-winterize our 5th wheel?
    2015 Reflection 323BHS
    2014 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Don't Forget...

Quote Originally Posted by Phydeauxman View Post
    We have a few more camping dates scheduled this year but wanted to start building me a checklist for winterizing the RV. We have a 2015 Reflection 323BHS and this is our first RV. Can some of the experienced RV'ers out there provide some tips on the steps to follow to effectively winterize and de-winterize our 5th wheel?
    .....to open the low point drains and make sure the outside shower gets some antifreeze too. I messed up last year and forgot to run antifreeze thru the toilet flusher. No damage but THAT wont happen again.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy View Post
    .....to open the low point drains and make sure the outside shower gets some antifreeze too. I messed up last year and forgot to run antifreeze thru the toilet flusher. No damage but THAT wont happen again.
    Lucky for you live in Texas. I didn't realize it gets cold down there.
    Also don't forget to run antifreeze through the black tank flush line. I pump mine in with a hand pump and I just run a gallon thru there and leave it in the black tank for the winter. If it seems to be pumping hard have someone step on the toilet pedal this will open up pressure in the black tank. I've seen it happen on family's camper. Look in the Reflection manual pages 86-91

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lucky View Post
    Lucky for you live in Texas. I didn't realize it gets cold down there.
    Also don't forget to run antifreeze through the black tank flush line. I pump mine in with a hand pump and I just run a gallon thru there and leave it in the black tank for the winter. If it seems to be pumping hard have someone step on the toilet pedal this will open up pressure in the black tank. I've seen it happen on family's camper. Look in the Reflection manual pages 86-91
    It does get cold and then it gets damn cold......last year we went to Thackerville, OK which is 5 miles North of the Red River. It was so cold that there is was 1/4 inch of ice that entombed the 337. We stayed warm and did all right. The rig held up real well. Still had to winterize when we got done tho.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel