User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot get dish satellite to work in 2019 310 gk solitude

Has anyone had problems when hooking up satellite to satellite connections in solitudes.Get message from dish to check connections.Works fine when hooked directly to tv outside unit.Wondering if anyone has drilled hole through bottom of slide out to thread cable in.Thanks in advance.Hoogie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been threads about this on here, many report loose connectors and incorrect baluns being used. You might want to just run the cable past the seals on the slide until you can check all the other possibilities.

Our 351M works OK with our Dish Wally and Pathfinder X2 through the factory connections so I am sure it can be done.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read the posts regarding checking cable connections and I will do that, but I also have the following questions regarding the proper hook-up of my Dish Wally with Wingate G2. I have a 2017 Momentum 350M and there are a number of cable hook-ups in the convenience center. One in labeled SAT. One is Cable, and I get that. The other two are labeled Bedroom and Garage. When running the coax from the G2 do I hook to the one labeled SAT? If so will that work with all three TV? Living Area, Bedroom and or Garage? Or do I need to hook-up the G2 to the room that I want to use? And if I do hook the G2 to the one labeled SAT, do I need to then run a coax from the tv hook-up to the WALLY? All three TV have two different cable hook-ups. Only the one in the living area has a SAT label (should this one have a hoax from it to the back of the Wally where it says SAT in) on the top hook-up. I tried hooking up the G2 to the convenience center labeled SAT and it did NOT power the G2. This was in the bedroom. I did use a HDMI connection to the side of the TV but no power to the G2. It did NOT hunt for SAT. I ran the cables thru a window and it did work. Before I take it back to my dealer, I want to make sure I am doing all the right steps. I hope I have not made this post way to confusing!!

Thanks,
    Warrior

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    I have read the posts regarding checking cable connections and I will do that, but I also have the following questions regarding the proper hook-up of my Dish Wally with Wingate G2. I have a 2017 Momentum 350M and there are a number of cable hook-ups in the convenience center. One in labeled SAT. One is Cable, and I get that. The other two are labeled Bedroom and Garage. When running the coax from the G2 do I hook to the one labeled SAT? If so will that work with all three TV? Living Area, Bedroom and or Garage? Or do I need to hook-up the G2 to the room that I want to use? And if I do hook the G2 to the one labeled SAT, do I need to then run a coax from the tv hook-up to the WALLY? All three TV have two different cable hook-ups. Only the one in the living area has a SAT label (should this one have a hoax from it to the back of the Wally where it says SAT in) on the top hook-up. I tried hooking up the G2 to the convenience center labeled SAT and it did NOT power the G2. This was in the bedroom. I did use a HDMI connection to the side of the TV but no power to the G2. It did NOT hunt for SAT. I ran the cables thru a window and it did work. Before I take it back to my dealer, I want to make sure I am doing all the right steps. I hope I have not made this post way to confusing!!

Thanks,
    Warrior

Not confusing to me!

You need to run a coax from the satellite dish to the connection labeled SAT in the utility bay. The sat connection, if installed correctly, will have a coax from there to the wall plate behind the main living area Television. This is a direct wire with no splitter or splices in it. You need to run a short Coax from the plate behind the TV to the back of the Wally. It should work at this point.

If you want to put your Wally in one of the other locations you will need to use the connector labeled for that location, for example bedroom, and then run a short coax from the second connection on the plate in the bedroom to the Wally and it should work in that room.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem on my Reflection 303rls. I drilled a hole in the rear outside corner of my tv slide. Ran a co-ax up behind tv hutch and pulled it up till only 1 foot of co-ax hangs out the bottom. Use the shortest cable that works. Sealed up that hole with the silicone black sealer used on other penetrations. Hooked the co-ax up to the tv satellite outlet and the satellite (dish) works perfect. When in a park I hook their cable up and use it in the bedroom tv or use antenna for local channels. After a couple of days trying to get the existing cables to work this works perfect. I have strong signal and my head hurts a lot lees!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to redo all of my coax runs. Whoever Grand Design employs to install the cables does not know what they are doing.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that the Aux/Sat port in the utility bay is a direct run (no splitters) to the same port in the bedroom...so it should work there as well.