User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recalibrating my lippert Auto leveling system

My Auto leveling system has been out of whack for a wile now. Curbside tires always end up off the ground. Has anyone recalibrated their system? I saw on YouTube that the 5th wheel must be level before pushing 5 times. My question is Do the rear jacks stay up during this process? How far down is a good place to leave the front Jack's. We usually leave about 6 or 7 holes on the front. So afraid of messing it up. It looks like a relatively easy fix but I am not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
    Tom
    Tom & Wendy O'Connor
    Visalia, CA
    GD Reflection 29 RS
    2015 RAM 2500 MC Turbo Diesel
    Bailey the Lab

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you have the same system. On ours I go into the leveling program on the OneControl, I tap options and it gives me a warning about advanced features which I then tap yes. In there, near the top there is a set zero point selection. Once the RV is manually leveled the way I want it I go in there and set the zero point which is then used for subsequent auto leveling attempts.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_OC View Post
    My Auto leveling system has been out of whack for a wile now. Curbside tires always end up off the ground. Has anyone recalibrated their system? I saw on YouTube that the 5th wheel must be level before pushing 5 times. My question is Do the rear jacks stay up during this process? How far down is a good place to leave the front Jack's. We usually leave about 6 or 7 holes on the front. So afraid of messing it up. It looks like a relatively easy fix but I am not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
    Tom
    On Ground Control 3.0, you manually level the trailer front to back , side to side. Then, when all is leveled, turn off control panel and push 5 times up, and 5 times down arrows.
    You will see a screen come up stating Zero Point Configuration successful.
    I'm on the road, so double check my instructions online wt Lippert website.

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having just performed this on my coach, i can give you a few pointers.

First, on your landing gear legs you need to read your owners manual regarding the height above ground level to set your locking pins, I think the recommendation is to set your landing pads 2-4 inches above level ground (be sure to verify) with your landing gear retracted (this is so the landing gear does not over extend itself).

Next you have to manually level your coach using the manual function on your system. Once you are satisfied with your leveling (I leveled my coach 1 degree high in the front so A/C condensation would drain at the rear of the coach) you turn off your leveling system and press front 5 times and then press rear 5 times your system should come on and indicate that calibration has been reset.

Please note: different systems may use different codes to enter the calibration mode, for example: my system required 10 presses of the front and 10 presses of the rear buttons to re-calibrate itself.

Also, you can search the internet for the Lippert Master Repair manual and in it you will find the re-calibration codes for the various systems, along with a massive amount of information on all the other Lippert components in your coach (highly recommended resource).

Good luck and let us know how this turns out.

PS: I found that a leveling app on my smart phone was very useful in getting my coach to "near level", before I verified actual level with a 4 foot level inside the coach.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 08-13-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_OC View Post
    Tom
    I have re-calibrated mine (Ground Control 3.0) once so far. Put the controller in manual mode and get the unit level that way first. As close to perfect as you can with a carpenters level in the center of the rig. Level front to back and side to side. Triple check it as when your done this is your new zero point. I always have 6 holes showing in my front jacks, but that depends on your location. You do not want to run out of stroke. My unit has 2 front and 2 rear jacks. You have to use all of them to get the unit level. Once you do then you power off the ground control. You then press the front button 5 times, then the rear button 5 times. Once it beeps, press the enter button. I will be set for future use. It will say "Zero point stability check", then "Zero point Successfully set". If you download the LCI App you will find this procedure in there.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone. Tomorrow will be the big day to recalibrate. I will let you know how it works outs Thanks for all your input
    Tom & Wendy O'Connor
    Visalia, CA
    GD Reflection 29 RS
    2015 RAM 2500 MC Turbo Diesel
    Bailey the Lab