User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Sorry to be negative, but the RG-6 cable running inside your trailer is not the highest quality possible plus there's loss in the cheap connector plate used. Both will likely reduce the effectiveness of your booster since the high frequencies used by cell systems are especially prone to loss in low-quality conductors.

Consider drilling the hole you probably wanted to avoid drilling. It's pretty easy to put a 1" hole in the back wall and feed quad-shielded RG6 cable through a marine cable pass-through fitting made for such a purpose. Signal improvement would probably be noticeable.

I'd also guess - I don't know for sure - that the single "super-strong" suction handle won't be enough to keep your mast up in strong winds. There will be significant leverage on it in storms, so a second one mounted a few feet above the current one would make it bit more secure.

Just internet opinions, worth what you paid for them.
    I might run the coaxial down and up through the floor behind the sofa.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't think about the cheap coaxial in the camper. Might mount it in the rear with the suction cup. Once the suction cup is engaged, there is no removing it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    I didn't think about the cheap coaxial in the camper. Might mount it in the rear with the suction cup. Once the suction cup is engaged, there is no removing it.
    Reply from Weboost.

Customer Service (weBoost)

Aug 14, 2:47 PM MDT

We do not recommend using the existing cable, because the cable that is pre installed in RVs for TVs sometimes are not rated for cellular frequencies and can cause either feedback in the booster system or can cause the right frequencies to not be boosted. That is why we recommend using the cabling that comes in the kit with the booster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using WeBoost for a while. I run the cable through the slide edge, the slide has to be in just a little to get the cable in then extend out to seal. Works fine. Also on a extendable pole.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budman61 View Post
    I have been using WeBoost for a while. I run the cable through the slide edge, the slide has to be in just a little to get the cable in then extend out to seal. Works fine. Also on a extendable pole.
    Have you thought about bringing the cable in through the floor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12