User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
    ... nothing in the truck hardly and keep that 10%~15% hitch weight.
    Hardly any weight in the truck might be hard to do. The 3000QB is a bunkhouse model with 3-4 beds so I'm assuming that you are a family of 5 (since you can't seat more than that in your truck). I would say that the average weight of a family of 5 is between 500 and 600 lbs which leaves you with about 900lbs of carrying capacity. With average tongue weight of a travel trailer is 15% you should be looking at a trailer in the 6,000lb category.
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are a family of three(1 yr old and us) with the hope for more. We like that the bunkhouse has space for the pack n play and can shut the door to not interfere with his sleep. We currently own a 28 ft open range that is just too small for the things we bring.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a family of three you are going to be adding 1200 - 1500# of gear etc. so you are going to be near the TT's GVW. Even figuring 13% tongue weight with yourself and family you are overloaded. Also I agree wit xrated that the length is much too much and will be a white knuckle experience. Why not look into a 2400 BH? You'll have time to grow into something bigger and be able to enjoy it in the meantime.
    JMHO here, I think those outside kitchens are a waste. All they do is waste space and add weight when you could be getting something better. The equipment installed is light duty at best. A grill, like a Blackstone, and a cooler will probably serve better and be more functional at a campsite picknick table.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 08-31-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tail will be wagging the dog. New larger truck or smaller trailer. The journey will be much more enjoyable. I'm glad your're waiting.
    Dan

"Charley" the Chocolate Lab co-pilot
    2018 F450 King Ranch
    2020 Reflection 337RLS (Harvey)
    B&W 25K Companion Puck Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnjvance View Post
    We are a family of three(1 yr old and us) with the hope for more. We like that the bunkhouse has space for the pack n play and can shut the door to not interfere with his sleep. We currently own a 28 ft open range that is just too small for the things we bring.
    Depending on the Open Range model, the 2400BH might be different, but not a real improvement. Sounds to me that if the larger trailer is a real need, an upgrade to your TV is also a real need. Best to do them together, there will always be other and maybe even better deals.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled a 6000 lb trailer with a. Chevy 1500 and it was working but struggling. As it her to a 2500 diesel and it was dramatically different. Changed trailers last week to a 3000an and the diesel pulls it just fine but I know it is there. Can't imagine pulling a 3000qb with a 1500. Diesel truck weighs a lot more than a gas so the mass is more proportional to the trailer and makes for a better tow. Upgrade and I don't think you will regret it regardless of what the specs say.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled a 6000 lb trailer with a. Chevy 1500 and it was working but struggling. As it her to a 2500 diesel and it was dramatically different. Changed trailers last week to a 3000an and the diesel pulls it just fine but I know it is there. Can't imagine pulling a 3000qb with a 1500. Diesel truck weighs a lot more than a gas so the mass is more proportional to the trailer and makes for a better tow. Upgrade and I don't think you will regret it regardless of what the specs say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12