User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Sunday early is probably best. Unless it's summer and you are going through / by vacation areas (like the Poconos or Jersey shore) Sunday for the most part is easy travel. I agree avoid Monday's or Friday, get there a day early or leave a day late. Midweek isn't too awful if you avoid metro areas.
    Why didn't you take RT84 to RT81 through NJ and PA? Rt 88 is a nice road but the section of Rt81 from NY into PA to about New Milford is horrible.
    84 is ok, for 81 I try to avoid the Harrisburg area, I wish there was a better way get to and from 81
    Mark

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    I always feel sorry for RV'ers coming through Orlando during rush hour. I try to stay off the roads in the morning until about 9:00 or so and after 3:00. I avoid I-4 like the plague.
    Been There, Done That !!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best thing to do is bypass areas around NYC. There is a lightly traveled road that runs from Albany to Binghamton NY and you can pick up 81 s. The interstate from Albany is I 88.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have never left Los Angelus after 11 am on the day before Thanksgiving you have never experienced hell. Look at it this way. You idle at least one tank of gas away. And want to change lanes, you have to get someone to get out and stop traffic. Bottom line it took 6 hours to go 45 miles before we decided surface streets were faster.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In the past 3 months I’ve towed right past Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle.
    Those 3 are known to be nightmarish traffic jams but we didn’t have any issues or long waits because we only travel on Thursday or Sunday and usually between 10am and 3pm.
    And never on a holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went thru LA about 5 years ago (grew up there about 45 ago), what a mess, down 395 to try to go around LA to San Clemente...didn't work. LA has grown into San Diego. Only go there if you can find a day that doesn't end in Y.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12