User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    I guess I was thinking that the extra weight is not really "cargo" weight, it is all in the subframe/"axle" Morryde fabricates that the RV then sits on; plus the tires. Point being that is why the weight on the tires seems high. They made a point to stress that did not increase the official GVWR of the trailer, but from a common sense perspective the extra weight should not affect the RV's frame, so I think mentally adding 600lbs, and a little more for the tires would be safe when weighing for cargo.

Or did I miss something in my thinking?
    In my opinion, you are correct.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodyear’s = good.
    Anything from China = BAD!! Saliuns apparently the exception.
    Simple.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the Hercules tires on my 307 MKS. They weren't the tire I wanted, but I figured I would try them out. I also had mine balanced to help eliminate vibration and tire hop. So far the Hercules seem to be okay.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learned a lot with this thread very interesting. One thing I know for sure having pulled horse trailers with living quarters is it is critical that all tires are running with the same PSI. Very critical.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodyear Endurance is getting good reviews everywhere you look or anyone you talk to !!! They have in large print on the sidewall "Made in USA" and that is good enough for me. I recently bought two complete sets, one for the 5th wheel and one for the boat trailer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodyear makes great tires... not Westlake. If I could figure iut how to attach a pic of my Westlake blowout, you wouldn't believe it..

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a blowout on our 2016 Solitude 379FL that caused an $1800 insurance claim, I had a heart to heart with my tire store. Having had very good luck with Carlyle tires (our former 38 foot travel trailer had carlyle's that lasted almost 20 years (I know, not smart), I wanted Carlyles again. Read on...

My guy found 16 inch, 16-PLY, load range "G" tires that ARE NOT listed on Carlyle's RV or auto pages. They were found in the AG (agricultural) section. They were less than $200 each and rated a max of 110 PSI. Side note: I found that they gain almost 30 PSI when traveling. I start out at about 80 PSI and they settle down at about 107 PSI. I have not regretted our decision to buy these tires.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would think Grand Design would immediately switch to the Goodyear Endurance tires. The extra cost could be absorbed by the purchaser. Now you buy an RV for tens of thousands of dollars then end up a year or two later replacing the tires out of concern for safety!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - very good points... I run 65psi versus the max tire pressure of 80psi - based on my road ready weights at a Cat scale. I also monitor my tire pressure with a Bella TPMS. When I stop mid-day, I check axle hub, drum/rotor and tire surface at the valve stem and in the middle of the tread wit my IR Gun. I recorded the data for a while. Now I know what normal should be and just am merely checking for spikes

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had goodyear marathon's 16" tires (china bombs) on my 26RLS. They rode poorly (a lot of side to side sway) and had many bulges in the side wall. I replaced them at Discount Tire with Goodyear Endurance 16" tires. The difference in the ride is night and day difference to the good. They are made in the US and cost around $160 apiece. After a 3000 mile trip I can say they are a great tire. I would not buy a china made tire. Support the USA! and get a quality tire.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast