User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phuber9458 View Post
    I weighed my 2020 2670 loaded to go camping except for food and clothing. All tanks dry, and my scale showed 900lbs with level trailer. Now I'm wondering if I should go to the 1200lb bars instead of the 1000lb bars I have now.
    I just got back from first 270 mile round trip camping in my 2020 2670mk. Thought it drove good - no abnormal sway but did not encounter any significant wind and kept the speed 60-65 mph. I do wonder if I ought to go up to the 1200/12,000 lb bars as well.

Buckaroo
    Last edited by Buckaroo; 08-21-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update/Feedback-

1. Have driven about 500 miles on two different trips, both in a fairly brisk wind. The Tundra hauled the 2670mk well with no sway problems at 60-70 mph (although happiest at 60-65mph) so I'm satisfied. I am running the Tundra front and back tires at 45 psi vs max inflation of 51 psi. TT tires at 80 psi. I made sure the OEM integrated brake controller had the latest program update (important) and set it at a gain of 8.0.

2. Talked to GD (Joe) regarding details on correct calculation of percentage tongue weight vs 10-15% target. He indicated that the correct calculation (which made sense to him but didn't seem to be a "standard" answer) was to take the TT tongue weight as measured free standing (not hooked-up using WD hitch) ) and divide it by the trailer weight, again free standing. Based on my measurements, this would be ~875 lbs/7400 lbs or 11.8%. The contribution to the truck payload (with the WD hitch in place) is 680 lbs vs my Tundra max payload of 1300 lbs. All measurements are with fresh water, gray and black tanks empty and trailer lightly loaded. Any significant extra weight is being added in front of the TT axles

Just wanted to document this experience to help others. As I said, the 2017 Limited Tundra DC w/ Tow Package seems fine as a tow vehicle for the 2670mk. The 4.30 rear end helps a lot with uphill climbs/acceleration but the mileage, of course, isn't great - 11 mpg.

Buckaroo
    Last edited by Buckaroo; 09-26-2019 at 09:20 AM.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious as to why there is so much variation in the measured tongue weights for the same model trailer. I just weighed weighed my 2020 imagine 2670mk with the fresh water tanks one third full and the front storage packed ( maybe 200lbs) and my tongue weight was 870lbs. Trailer weight 7800lbs.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philwa View Post
    I am curious as to why there is so much variation in the measured tongue weights for the same model trailer. I just weighed weighed my 2020 imagine 2670mk with the fresh water tanks one third full and the front storage packed ( maybe 200lbs) and my tongue weight was 870lbs. Trailer weight 7800lbs.
    There have been a couple of different ways to weigh mentioned, and the TW calculated or directly measured. Also a few different model years - so if GD made small changes in axle placement, that would shift things. And, of course, what is being carried where varies.
    Those of us that seem to have used the same methodology, seem to land in the same area.
    You have 870/7800 Buckaroo has 875/7400. In the same range as I saw on mine the first trip or two out (before the ProPride). All of us either side of 11.5%
    For mine, I changed to 2 6v batteries, and added an inverter to the pass-through. The parts of the ProPride that stay on the trailer add a significant amount (but some think that shouldn't count as part of tongue weight). So I'm now (with the hitch parts) up to 950/7600 or 12.5%. Makes me feel better, whether it is the added weight or the ProPride, or both....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very informative information, thanks
    When weighing Truck / Trailer do you leave hitch on truck or leave
    it with the trailer on truck only pass thru scales?
    Thanks
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For the weighing I've done, I've gone through the scales twice. Once was the truck only. Second was the truck and trailer, but no setting of the WD bars, so no transfer of weight to the front of the truck or the trailer wheels. From that, I could see what the TW was (the gain on the rear axle of the truck). Add that to the weight of the trailer wheels, to get the total weight of the trailer.
    With the ProPride, I left the "stinger" part on the truck when weighing the truck by itself. But left the main body of the hitch on the trailer. Just didn't engage the WD bars at all.
    The derived weight tracked pretty well to the TW I also got when using the bathroom scale method on the trailer alone.
    If the trailer ever comes out of storage this year, I'm going to have a re-do of the weighing, and will do a third pass with the WD bars set. Then I can also see what the setting has on restoring weight to the front of the truck.
    I noticed last fall that truck suck and side winds seemed to be pushing everything around more that it had. The operating theory is that by their unconventional method to move the trailer, my storage place knocked things out of alignment. So I'm going to go through the whole setup process again, to see what can be improved.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234