User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    If there ever was need for a warranty claim (and the frame would pretty much be the most expensive one possible - you do see stories somewhat often of cracked side walls up front due to frame issues), the use of a hitch you know they don't approve of would give them ammo to deny a claim. It would not inherently cause damage, but the burden of proving it did NOT would be on you and Andersen, NOT LCI.

I think if you are looking at spending another $1000-$1200 on a new pin box any ways, spend that same money and get the Goosebox and be done with it all. Sell the Andersen, someone will love to have it, and be on your way with an even cleaner and simpler setup that should also work very well.
    Exactly the opposite. 15 USC 2302(c), part of the Magnusson-Moss act, prohibits any such terms in a warranty unless LCI can prove the aftermarket product will be likely to cause a failure. The same law also prohibits undisclosed warranty terms such as a prohibition on a particular hitch.

LCI can’t say in their warranty that use of an Andersen hitch voids the warranty unless they can prove it will damage their product, and they can’t adopt an internal policy or practice to deny warranty claims in cases where Andersen hitches are used.

Since they can adopt no such policy, they are in effect required to evaluate each claim individually and in court, the result of and data from their investigation would be the basis of much the case.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Thanks, I tend to agree. I work with and have forensic engineers as colleagues and they always scoff when I bring up product liability. I'm not going to argue any point here since the topic is a slippery slope. I've been towing trailers for 20 years and never had nor met anyone that had to deal with a frame issue. Maybe im lucky..who knows..

I appreciate all feedback. However I have no plans of abandoning the hitch of which I have not even got the credit card bill yet. As I stated to open the thread, I just bought the trailer and hitch and need options for softening the chucking. Im good for the rest of the seasons (3-6 hour trips) however my 3 weeker I take in the early summer, I need a strategy. There are at least 6 different brands/models that fit my 1621 setup and wanted feedback from owners. The previous poster does bring up a really good point. If I spend a grand for the cushioned pin box, that's the same dollars I could spend on the 5ver gooseneck setup he has and ditch the Andersen on ebay and I actually might come out 500 bucks ahead. all good advice here. The warranty stuff, hell, my GD dealer doesn't even carry Andersens because quote "all the lawsuits". Nope. the real reason is the camping world 2 miles a way undercuts their accessory markups. So. Yeah. Lots of BS out there to sift through.
    I think you are right on in your thinking. I would not be generally concerned about frame damage or warranty issues with the Anderson. For me, it comes down to achieving the end goal in the simplest, most cost effective manner possible. Reducing the number of stress bearing component parts is a net plus. Eliminating the need for recurrent re-torque of the hitch on the ball. The recovery of the truck bed (one of Anderson's chief benefits) is even easier with a goosebox and ball. The goosebox has airbags built in for chucking/bucking reduction.

So, by eliminating the Anderson and adding the Reese Goosebox you get your desired end result while eliminating any frame or or hitch strength questions, for less money, with a little more work involved in reselling your Anderson.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 weeks into ownership and already looking at pin box upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Exactly the opposite. 15 USC 2302(c), part of the Magnusson-Moss act, prohibits any such terms in a warranty unless LCI can prove the aftermarket product will be likely to cause a failure. The same law also prohibits undisclosed warranty terms such as a prohibition on a particular hitch.

LCI can’t say in their warranty that use of an Andersen hitch voids the warranty unless they can prove it will damage their product, and they can’t adopt an internal policy or practice to deny warranty claims in cases where Andersen hitches are used.

Since they can adopt no such policy, they are in effect required to evaluate each claim individually and in court, the result of and data from their investigation would be the basis of much the case.
    K. Can we stay on topic here. This is a thread on recommended pin boxes. We should move this to a warranty thread. Good stuff just off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My vote would be to switch to the Reese Goosebox as well for all the reasons previously stated.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may have a tough time finding a suspended pinbox that is compatible with the Anderson.

I'm pretty sure they do not recommend using it with a suspended pinbox. There is a lock out kit that is needed when using the RotoFlex pinbox that comes on Solitude and Momentum.

Pretty much defeats the purpose of putting on a suspended pinbox if you have to lock it out.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. New 5ver owner here. We just got back from our maiden voyage trip with our new Momentum 320G. We’re looking st reducing the chucking and bucking. I went with the Andersen Ultimate and have. 6.5 bed and with a few adjustments no issues thus far. I’ve been researching pin boxes. Looks like there are at least three brands and systems out there. Any recommendations. I had read on etrailer one of the Andersen rep told the etrailer folks to stay away from pin boxes that have play at the connection like the Lippert Rotoflex and Flexair because in the stress on the hitch connection.

Looking for experiences out there and recommendations.

I'm curious that you used the word chucking as well as bucking. This is our first 5er, and I too went with the Andersen, mostly so I can pull the hitch by myself and hang it on my garage wall, and be able to use the truck bed for work. Our ride is silent, no chucking, but we do experience the 'bucking' you are talking about. I would almost call it porpoising; our impression is that we are experiencing a sort of motion almost like the pin area moves up and forward, then down and back. Anyone have any input on this? I will admit the hitch and unhitch process is an absolute breeze.
    David and Vicki and 21 month old Springer Spaniel Sadie
    2019 Silverado LTZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison stock
    2023 Reflection 150 series 226RK
    B&W Companion 16K on rails EezTire TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the definition from LCI. When I think of chucking I think of the lateral counter movement of trailer and TV on uneven surface, braking our changes in speed.

Video from LCI is the best explanation.

https://youtu.be/jDDQ4oMGeV4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the definition from LCI. When I think of chucking I think of the lateral counter movement of trailer and TV on uneven surface, braking our changes in speed.

Video from LCI is the best explanation.

https://youtu.be/jDDQ4oMGeV4

Thanks for the link. We only experience what we do when, say, transitioning from the roadbed to a bridge surface, or when going over large dips in the road. To my thinking, and I am probably wrong, there really isn't as much of a forward slow - fast movement during these events, but the up and down motion that seems to trigger it. The video shows going through chuck holes, one wheel at a time, but not dips and large undulations in the road both front and rear wheels at the same time. I'm probably overthinking this.
    David and Vicki and 21 month old Springer Spaniel Sadie
    2019 Silverado LTZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison stock
    2023 Reflection 150 series 226RK
    B&W Companion 16K on rails EezTire TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We travel out west the expansion joints give us fits with our old travel trailer.

I get feedback now with expansion joints here in NE Ohio or better know as “Pothole USA”

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post

Sorry, back on topic
    Last edited by JKellerJr; 08-16-2019 at 01:47 PM. Reason: edited to stay on topic
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast