User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Goosebox, I feel its the smoothest system I have towed with. Both my brother and dad use the Andersen. Not sure what my brother has but my dad has one of those airbag/shock equipped pin boxes and he's happy with it. I can find out exactly which one if your interested. They already had theirs when I went to the Goosebox. The simplicity of the goosebox is unmatched if you want a clean bed as much as possible. I would guess a high end pin box would cost about as much as the goose box anyway.

Good luck
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Sorry, back on topic
    No worries. Your comments facilitated a call to Andersen about acceptable pin boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Goosebox, I feel its the smoothest system I have towed with. Both my brother and dad use the Andersen. Not sure what my brother has but my dad has one of those airbag/shock equipped pin boxes and he's happy with it. I can find out exactly which one if your interested. They already had theirs when I went to the Goosebox. The simplicity of the goosebox is unmatched if you want a clean bed as much as possible. I would guess a high end pin box would cost about as much as the goose box anyway.

Good luck
    Right. Thanks! Any info appreciated on your Dads pin box.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Right. Thanks! Any info appreciated on your Dads pin box.

He ran the trail-air on his Mobile suites, he left that on when he sold it recently, now he has the standard morryde the came with his new Pinnacle. He's out of town right now so I'm not sure which he prefers, probably a longer convo for when he gets back.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He ran the trail-air on his Mobile suites, he left that on when he sold it recently, now he has the standard morryde the came with his new Pinnacle. He's out of town right now so I'm not sure which he prefers, probably a longer convo for when he gets back.
    Thanks. That would be helpful.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other advantage with the goosebox is it’s rated for 30,000lbs.
    2019 315RLTS
    2016 F450

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyal View Post
    The other advantage with the goosebox is it’s rated for 30,000lbs.
    Unless there is a new model I don’t know about the heaviest model is only rated for 20k and 4K in pin weight. Somewhat limiting especially on the pin
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP said he had a 6.5' bed. The Goosebox will rotate at the ball which is directly over the rear axle. I considered the Goosebox but as it can't move the rotation point backwards like a slider, I went with the setup in the sig below. Curious what you folks think about sharp turns with a Goosebox in a shortbed crew cab or MegaCab? I know they're hard on the suspension and should be avoided when possible. I guess that clearance-wise, it's no better or worse than using the Andersen setup he has now.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 weeks into ownership and already looking at pin box upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Ski View Post
    OP said he had a 6.5' bed. The Goosebox will rotate at the ball which is directly over the rear axle. I considered the Goosebox but as it can't move the rotation point backwards like a slider, I went with the setup in the sig below. Curious what you folks think about sharp turns with a Goosebox in a shortbed crew cab or MegaCab? I know they're hard on the suspension and should be avoided when possible. I guess that clearance-wise, it's no better or worse than using the Andersen setup he has now.
    Good point. I already have clearance issues with the install from the dealer. I had to flip the pin box coupled around because the current gooseneck was making contact with the rack mounts on my bed rail. I carry bikes when not towing. Can’t have it all I guess.

I did see LCI has a long throw gooseneck

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to the game here.....whatever you decide/decided, I would definitely add airbags to your TV. I installed AirLift air springs on my F350 and could not be happier. Minimal chucking and the ride is smooth. I'm still experimenting on an optimal setting, but 40PSI when pulling the rig seems nice so far. I added the Airlift on board compressor while I was under the truck. Pretty easy DIY project too.
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 3350 RL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 Lariat, 6.7 diesel, SRW/SB, Crew Cab
    B&H Companion Slider for Ford Puck System
    Air Lift Air Bags 5000 Ultimate Plus with Air Lift Wireless One onboard compressor

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast