User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced all my bearings and races with Timkens in 2016 and they were not "matched" pairs. And since that time when I purchase new ones they never come in a "matched" pair. Each bearing or race is individully wrapped and boxed. I agree over time the races will wear, but since I replace my bearings every year (6,000-10,000 miles) I only replace races if they show wear or every third replacement (max 30,000 miles).
    Keith & Julie
    Huron, OH
    "Boys and their Toys"
    GD Reflection 337RLS
    Sailfish 266CC Twin Yamaha 150's 4 stroke
    Ford F-350XLT 4X4 SRW 6.7 Diesel Long Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyKey View Post
    I replaced all my bearings and races with Timkens in 2016 and they were not "matched" pairs. And since that time when I purchase new ones they never come in a "matched" pair. Each bearing or race is individully wrapped and boxed. I agree over time the races will wear, but since I replace my bearings every year (6,000-10,000 miles) I only replace races if they show wear or every third replacement (max 30,000 miles).
    You are 100% correct.. Each time I had replaced bearings and races, they were in separate boxes.. I am more focused on same manufacture and their standards. As you, I have replaced bearings and kept races as long as they look in excellent shape..or replace without question.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234