User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Grand Design - San Francisco Bay Area

Jim Gina and Lillie plus Freya - Bernese Mountain Dog and Sadie - Collie. Pick up our 2020 Grand Design Solitude 1st of December - long time to wait. We've had tents, pop-ups, straight TT, and our last rig a keystone outback with 2 slides. We love camping, the entire experience from campfires to walkabouts visiting with people, have been seasonal's every chance we could get in the midwest and have even done some very cold weather camping. This is our very first 5th Wheel (gonna need a support group when I go to back this huge rig into a spot - will be worth a funny youtube video !!!).

We've been shopping for sometime, finally my wife and daughter toured a Grand Design and fell in love with the quality, layout, features and construction.

This is an awesome forum and look forward to learning about our GD and hopefully helping others and sharing ideas.

Solitude 2020 3740BH
    PS: Bernese Mountain dog considers herself a lap dog!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to you all.
    They are a trick to back up , we are still learning after 2 years with our first 5th wheel. Yours being longer will help you a little bit. Take your time (and video) and all will be good. Enjoying the camping with friends and family makes it all worth while. Not sure if any one has told you but that is a rather large lap dog, probably better suited for a couch.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new RV. December can't come soon enough for you I'm sure.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the board from full timers currently in Elkhart, Indiana....waiting for the Grand Design National Rally (but originally from Sacramento).

Where did you buy from Happy Daze, North Coast or Santa Rosa? Why are you so far out to Dec?

We just toured the Grand Design factory a couple of days ago......very interesting and educational.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your welcome. Why Dec? We are actually from the Midwest (very close to Elkhart/Goshen). When we moved to Calf a year ago, we left our RV in Goshen, so used it as a trade in to step up to our Grand Design with a dealer that we have known and used for many, many years and several step ups (tent camper to 5th wheel). In Dec, taking a month (or two) off to visit family back home and then take our time traveling west back to Calf for an awesome adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your welcome. You know, I've been telling that Bernese Mountain dog she's not a lap dog since she was 6 months old, but somehow she uses those brown eyes of hers and her paw to convince me I"m wrong on that.. :-)