User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marks on floor from dining table/theater seating slidout.

Has anyone experienced marks on the floor from the living room slideout. They are about 3" wide and 12 to 18" long. It appears as though the black plastic pads (not rollers) on the underside of the slide framework rub the floor on the closing cycle. Anyone?

Thanks!
    Dave & and; Jody
    2014 Solitude 369RL #918
    2012 Chevy 2500 Duramax SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D Hardison View Post
    Has anyone experienced marks on the floor from the living room slideout. They are about 3" wide and 12 to 18" long. It appears as though the black plastic pads (not rollers) on the underside of the slide framework rub the floor on the closing cycle. Anyone?

Thanks!
    I had that happen on mine too. It was only at the rear and very slight. I discovered that the floor had separated from the rear wall support and dropped about 1/2 inch causing the rubbing. I could see it from the outside. I could see the piece that goes along the bottom of the outside wall covering had shifted down because the screws holding the floor to the rail had pulled through the floor. Once I removed that piece, I could clearly see where the floor had separated. The plastic rail on the under side of the slide can be peeled back (It's attached with double back tape) enough to drill new holes and install new and larger screws. It pulled the floor back up to it's original position. Then just re attach the plastic with new tape and the trim piece using plumbers putty on the screws and silicone to seal the trim piece. It's important to seal the trim piece well so water cannot get to the sub floor. No problems since.

It's a bit of a job and took me several hours but I was taking my time to make sure it was right. If you are still under warranty, and trust your dealers service dept, I would take it to the dealer for repairs. I was out of warranty and opted to do the repair myself. It might not be a problem with the floor. That plastic runner is attached with tape and little staples that may have come loose. Good luck!
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel