User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic 6 cu/ft fridge shelf collapsing

I have a 2018 Imagine 2670MK and the top shelf of the fridge keeps collapsing during travel. If you put a gallon of milk on the shelf with a few other items the shelf will pull out of the wall and all of the items will come tumbling out as soon as you open the door. I don’t know if it is because the fridge is mounted in the very back of the trailer and it is getting pounded by the bad roads, or if it is just a poor design of the shelf, or maybe a combination of the two. I have tried putting a couple of the spring loaded rods under the shelf for added support and the shelf will still pull out of the wall. It is always the same spot, it is the front left side that has the clip for removing the shelf. I have tried moving the milk to the bottom shelf but then you can’t put in the top shelf, not enough room, so you lose an entire shelf for storage. Short of installing a bracket to hold the shelf has anyone experienced this and how did you fix it?

Thanks,
    Dale
    Last edited by Dale G; 08-16-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​There are retaining clips in our 8cf for all the shelves. Could you be missing those?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iam not sure if your aware of this, but Dometic refrigerators have a two year parts and labor warranty. As a suggestion, if you haven’t already done so, try calling Dometic customer service and explain what is going on. Maybe you have a shelf that is defective or as others have stated you need some clips. We were missing a clip and Dometic mailed one at no charge. It stopped our shelf from moving back and forth. Hope this helps.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    ​There are retaining clips in our 8cf for all the shelves. Could you be missing those?
    The clips are there. I think what happens is the shelf bows just enough with the bouncing that it pops out on the side with the clips.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    Iam not sure if your aware of this, but Dometic refrigerators have a two year parts and labor warranty. As a suggestion, if you haven’t already done so, try calling Dometic customer service and explain what is going on. Maybe you have a shelf that is defective or as others have stated you need some clips. We were missing a clip and Dometic mailed one at no charge. It stopped our shelf from moving back and forth. Hope this helps.
    We have had our camper over two years so the warranty has passed. The clips are there. I think the excessive bouncing causes the shelf to blow and pops it out. Today I put three of the spring loaded retainers under the shelf and extended them as far as I could and still get them in place. We traveled from Colorado Springs to Ouray and the shelf did not collapse. Maybe I just found a simple and inexpensive fix.
    Dale