User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7000 lb axles on a Reflection 337RLS

Just curious. Is it possible to upgrade a Reflection to 7000 lb axles? Has anyone done this? I’m mainly asking because I’m thinking the weight is not as evenly distributed between them as it ought to be.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had an axle fire in utah in may. gd wanted me to wait for them to source two new 5200 lb axles(only one was damaged). they wanted me to wait in a parking lot up to a couple of weeks until they could source them. dexter found me a 7000 lb axle to bolt on right away. after escalating this solution up and down the gd mgmt chain, they finally agreed to have the 7000 lb axle put on. worked fine. THEN, they said they wanted to replace the new axle AGAIN and the old axle for two new 5200 lber's. they stood by their product, but no one has ever told me why i couldn't run around with one 7000 and one 5200 axle. they gave me an oblique "for safety" reason. i still don't understand why they did what they did. but, i'm happy. i have two new axles.