User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schuess60 View Post
    Best lessons are those that come from experience. This happened to me yesterday. Thank you to the gentleman that pulled along side of me and told me I had a problem. I will check mine prior to each trip. Found the wheel and tire about 5 miles up the road.

Attachment 32185
    Yikes ! Any damage to the RV ? Looks like the drum never hit the "ground." A number of folks have posted about losing a wheel over the years and never were able to find the wheel/tire that came off. Good find for you !

5 miles on the front curb side RV tires carrying all the weight may be an area of concern. It may be something to consider replacing that tire with the spare or a new tire just in case that unseen damage occurred. Do not want that to bight you later after going through this. Will be interesting to get other folks feedback on this.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schuess60 View Post
    Best lessons are those that come from experience. This happened to me yesterday. Thank you to the gentleman that pulled along side of me and told me I had a problem. I will check mine prior to each trip. Found the wheel and tire about 5 miles up the road.

Attachment 32185
    Did the TPMS give any kind of alert when it lost the signal?
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    Did the TPMS give any kind of alert when it lost the signal?
    Funny you ask that. No it didn't. It may be because one of my sensors on another tire is already showing bad and I have the integrated Ford system. That was top on my todo list when I got home. Obviously its not now. Only damage was the plastic trim.

As for the tire, it is a brand new Sailun. It seems to be just fine so I'm going to run with it. I have ordered a whole hub from eTrailer though. I may have just gotten away with new studs but for $140 the piece of mind is worth it. Plus, the thought of sitting in the frigid temps pounding out lugs from the old hub didn't sit well with me. I have it parked at a truck stop. Already had to winterize it in the parking lot before I left. It was 13 degrees and the lines were already beginning to freeze. Guess I should've winterized before I left the campground in Florida. Another lesson learned. All worked out though. Got all the lines to pee pink.

I am going to think twice before going camping in February again. When things go wrong, the cold makes it twice as bad. Reminded me of working construction in my youth.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ford F-250 Platinum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123