User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Antenna Issue & Battery Question

I own a 337 Reflection. Cannot rotate antenna knob inside bedroom. Any suggestions?

Also, do I need to have battery switch turned to "on" position in order to charge battery off shore power? Or off tow vehicle charging system?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cleary View Post
    I own a 337 Reflection. Cannot rotate antenna knob inside bedroom. Any suggestions?

Also, do I need to have battery switch turned to "on" position in order to charge battery off shore power? Or off tow vehicle charging system?
    If your tv antenna is a batwing type with a crank to raise the antenna, when the antenna is raised, you can pull down on the ring above the crank and turn the antenna by turning the ring.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiregard Antenna Rtation.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	22023

Battery Switch needs to be ON for charging from shore power and from vehicle.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, don't mean to offend, but sometimes the simplest things evade the best of us.

If your antenna is NOT the type described by Gene in the previous post then it probably is one that doesn't have to be raised, maybe a King Jack like this:

https://kingconnect.com/product/king-jack-antenna/

To rotate those, pinch the sides of the rotation knob hard before turning it in order to release the position-locking button that's visible on the side of the rotation knob.

If it still doesn't turn, the mechanism is dead-simple: a ~6" rectangular 'tube' extends from the top of the rotation knob and into a hole in the 'batwing' portion of the antenna. Turning the knob turns the 'tube' which turns the top of the antenna.

The simple rotation mechanism can be removed for examination by prying off its surface plate on the ceiling, removing four small screws, and pulling gently straight down. While removing it, does it feel as though the cable could be wrapped around it? (It should not be.)

If the removed mechanism rotates properly, feel around for the thin cable that runs from inside the ceiling up into the batwing, another check to determine if the cable is wrapping around the turning mechanism.

If not then something is interfering with the 'batwing' up on your roof. Climb up and see if you can rotate it by hand. Is it stuck on the mast?

Return the batwing to roughly the original position before re-installing the rotation mechanism (the rectangular 'tube' will have to be fiddled into seating properly in the batwing).

If you have to / want to just replace the antenna, I just installed a Winegard Air 360 which is working well at the one location we've used it in so far. It doesn't have to be rotated.

https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-Comp...s%2C163&sr=8-3

Here's my post about installing it:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post248698

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 08-17-2019 at 06:11 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch