User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First time RVing

Well, after much research I purchased a 2020 315RLTS and the Pro Pride 1400 hitch. Picking it up on the 26th of August. We're excited to begin this new adventure. We live in the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho area and are pretty spoiled when it comes to the natural beauty our country but look forward to exploring so many other areas. We have travelled through many states and in parts of Canada over the years but never from the perspective of an RV. This should be a lot of fun...particularly in GD trailer. We won't be full time RVers, just part time / vacationers.

Appreciate any tips you can share. We have already started exploring some useful tools such as this forum, travel apps like Allstays, Harvest Host, RV Trip Wizard, and Good Sam. Please share any checklists and procedures to follow, I'm eager to learn...shortcuts welcome. I have started mining the Research Library...good stuff here.

Look forward to seeing some you on the road.

Dan

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Dan! So many good spots to camp for us we are truly blessed

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the life. You do indeed live in a beautiful area.

If you have time for a pretty drive head over to Haugan, MT and the Savenac Historical Tree Nursery. Ask for Bob Webb. Not only will you find out about how your area was re-forested after the "big fire" you can chat with some folks that travel and do volunteer work. There is no campground there, but the Silver Dollar has some basic RV sites, 30amp electric only. I suggest this so that you may have an opportunity to see another side of the RV lifestyle. Many volunteers we work with often live within easy drive of where they are volunteering.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, I know this area. I will need to investigate the historical tree nursery, sounds interesting. The trip from Lewiston to Lolo, MT on Hwy 12 along the Lochsa River is amazing. The ranger station is a great stop off for tour...many pics of the damage caused by the "great fire". Well worth the time. If your lucky the docent at the station might be a seasoned ranger retiree that worked there in the 50's and 60's. Happy trails

Dan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoDan View Post
    If your lucky the docent at the station might be a seasoned ranger retiree that worked there in the 50's and 60's. Dan
    Sorry, Coon Dog passed away, they put up a memorial for him next to the shop.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Dan!!!!!

Yes we live in a beautiful part of the USA...Lots of great advise given on this forum and seeing more and more GD Owners in the Spokane/CDA area. We should link up with Kevin one day and share some favorite camping spots.

I also have the ProPride 1400, so if you have questions would be more than willing to help in anyway.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA