User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warsw1 View Post
    The specs show the 303 as being 12' 3". Are they really taller than that?
    Depends on how they ride on the hitch and whether you have a front AC.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything worked out great. Called Washington State Ferry Reservation System and followed the prompts. It connected me with an operator who asked length and height questions and booked the reservation. I went with 52’ total length (Ram 3500 crew cab/short bed, 303rls, bike rack). And 13’ 6” ( two AC’s).. Booked from Port Townsend to Coupeville... total cost with driver and passenger was roughly $78.00. Beats a 5 hour drive !!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update team. We go to Oak Harbor, WA at least once a year to see our grandson who is in the Navy on Whidbey. Usually we go there over Deception Pass then take the ferry back to Port Townsend. We've taken the ferry many times with our old 5th wheel and never thought about our new 303 as being a problem. I've seen many semis and usually they load us together at the front of the ferry. So it's good to know we will not have any problems with our 303. Love the area mainly because of our grandson and his family lives there but also to see/hear the "Sound of Freedom" Funny for the last several years there has been a huge push by the local towns people to shut the jets and air base down. Not going to happen. If the Navy left the town and area, it would become a ghost town. Besides we need those men and women who protect us in every part of this great country. "GO NAVY"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryball View Post
    Thanks for the update team. We go to Oak Harbor, WA at least once a year to see our grandson who is in the Navy on Whidbey. Usually we go there over Deception Pass then take the ferry back to Port Townsend. We've taken the ferry many times with our old 5th wheel and never thought about our new 303 as being a problem. I've seen many semis and usually they load us together at the front of the ferry. So it's good to know we will not have any problems with our 303. Love the area mainly because of our grandson and his family lives there but also to see/hear the "Sound of Freedom" Funny for the last several years there has been a huge push by the local towns people to shut the jets and air base down. Not going to happen. If the Navy left the town and area, it would become a ghost town. Besides we need those men and women who protect us in every part of this great country. "GO NAVY"
    I live in Sequim and most of the complaints I've heard are related to the recent increase in the practice area which now has the F-18's flying over the national park on the Olympic Peninsula. You're definitely right that if the base were to close Oak Harbor would not survive economically. I don't see that happening anytime soon unless true peace breaks out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good day folks.

I grew up in Oak Harbor, Navy brat, as my dad was stationed their and went back after retiring.

The main bone on contention is the practice field down by Coupeville. It is a recreation of a carrier deck and gets used for practice. It can be quite loud. That field has been in use since at least the 1960's when I was growing up there.

Excuse while I get on my soap box.

That field was in place and operational long before most of the locals who moved in their. They should have done their homework baput that site before they bought hoping to boot the Nave. End of rant.

To all have a good rest of the week and a great week end.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Texas DOT operates a ferry from the Bolivar peninsula to Galveston Island and it was very useful. No charge. We fit on no problem and there were semis using the service as well. Saved a lot of driving as we came into Galveston from I-10 west bound as it kept us from going through Houston and using I-45 south bound.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4600FAC-AD20-4C6C-9578-A23B4FF09B2E.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	704.0 KB 
ID:	25989
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    Texas DOT operates a ferry from the Bolivar peninsula to Galveston Island and it was very useful. No charge. We fit on no problem and there were semis using the service as well. Saved a lot of driving as we came into Galveston from I-10 west bound as it kept us from going through Houston and using I-45 south bound.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4600FAC-AD20-4C6C-9578-A23B4FF09B2E.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	704.0 KB 
ID:	25989
    Haha nice, I've been on that ferry! Cool pic and looks like a good opportunity to check out your roof.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AericktheViking

I also grew up near a NAS in Lemoore, CA. I believe it's the only other huge Air Station on the West Coast used for training and basing VA Squadrons. Like NAS Whidbey the squadrons go straight out to the carriers from NAS Lemoore. They have several giant simulators there and I was fortunate to actually use one. What a trill. Something I'll always remember. There were two different types. One they strapped you in an actual cockpit (gauges and all) of an F-18 and there were 5 computer screens in front of you. Amazing. They set me up with a carrier landing and I didn't even come close. The other one was inside a huge round room. You walked out to the middle of the room on a small walkway to an actual cockpit of a F-18 and when the loaded the cameras(which they said there were 85 cameras) you were in a 360 degree bubble. My instructor who was showing me the start up procedure told me to hang on the handrails. When the cameras came on I almost lost my balance and knew then why he told me to hold on. It was a great experience flying around and even going inverted. They had 3 of those sims and can be linked together so you can fly with other aviators.

That base was built in the early 60's and is even bigger today. The town of Lemoore is over 7 miles away and you can still hear the jets taking off at all hours of the days. It was something everyone got use to so the towns people from Oak Harbor and surrounding areas need to do the same.

Fortunately, I moved away in 1978, but when I do go back to visit family and friends I can still hear those jets. Love the "Sound of Freedom"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12