User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charley, I don't know how to post a link so I brought "Quieting a furnace" to the top in Mods & DIY . I will try to add a couple pictures. It is a very easy mod and really quiets things down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fantastic. thanks
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google Search “Mousetrap Monday” and you will see videos showing that fragrances and electronics don’t really work.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep them from being in your camper in the first place!!! I use electronic pest repellents. If you can leave your camper plugged in to electric this works great. I use both sonic and ultra-sonic devices. I live on 43 acres in the middle of what used to be farm land. Mice are a major problem!!!! I have not had even one mouse in the camper since using these devices. To prove this, along with the fact that there are no signs of mice, I put down "Mouse Glue Boards" with peanut butter on them. These are ultra effective at catching any mouse. Since using the sonic devices I have never caught even one mouse on the glue boards.

Gary

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put a mop bucket in your RV with two boards (3" or so) duck taped to the edge. Fill the bucket with about 3 1/2 to 4" of water and put peanut butter about 3-4 inches around the inside. Be sure and empty the drown mice each day.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have any of you looked at the large holes where the hydraulic slide mechanisms come out of the framework? I couldn't believe they let these go with an open invitation for rodents to move in. A dark hole with insulation inside is too appealing.

I used some sheet baffling material and cut it to closely surround the slide rails with a "flapper" at the rack-gear teeth. I used pop rivets to hold the pieces in place. A couple of insects might get in there, but mice won't! This seemed like a necessary thing to do.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done the spare tire thing and that helped a lot to keep mice out. Also, cut a piece of neoprene from an old pair of fishing waders, put a slit in it, and glued around the push/pull bar on the big slider. That also helped. Also I always stuff aluminum foil in the cups where the water hose comes into the basement when in a camp site. Most of the time I am mouse free.

I also found the bug hole under the hutch which is the cold air return for the furnace. I took all drawers out. Bought some 1/4 inch square welded wire favrick, like they use for rabbit hutches, from the farm store and screwed it in the opening. Put the drawers back and it works great. No mice inside the coach and only rarely in the basement.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mice. A terrible problem. Mice and RV'S don't mix. A friend of mine has a farm where I could store my 2970RL for free. I chose not to because of mice. I actually pay to store the RV at a storage sight that is in the middle of a commercial area. No mice around. If those little burgers get into your RV, look out. They can and will destroy everything including wiring, plumbing lines, furniture, insulation, and mattresses. Oh, and the smell.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also if you have a island in the kitchen the water lines underneath inside doors behind fake wall has a big opening in the floor. I foamed mine up. Also look into mouse-free.com. People swear by this stuff to stop mice.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post

i can't screen it off because there are wires running everywhere.
    If it is needed for ventilation or combustion relief then I would plug that one with expanding foam and cut a new one where there are no wires and screen it off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast