User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thomas Paine Recliner HELP!

Our battery was dead, so we charged it and looked for the drain source. Found the recliner controls lit but not really on (heat/massage/light). The radio and TV lights were also lit. My wife said that we should unplug them. I said that I could just disconnect the power at the control station. I left to run a short errand...about 15-minutes later I return and hear her calling for HELP. She was on the recliner but stuck as the recliner was fully reclined and had trapped her arm between wall and the recliner back. Listen learned is to always have a safety assistant. BTW - We also disconnected the power at the control station.
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB
    Maxxis M8008 ST Radial 225/75R-15 E 10-ply tires
    MoRryde CRE2-35 CRE3000 w/ wet bolt kit & X-Factor cross-member
    Furrion Observation camera with 5-inch monitor
    Equalizer WDH 1,000/10,000

2018 Toyota Tundra SR5 Extended Cab
    Michelin Defender LTX E-rated tires
    RoadMaster Active Suspension (in lieu of TRD sway bar and airbags)
    BakFLip MX4 hard-folding tonneau cover
    Putco Blade LED Tailgate Light Bar
    Westin stainless R7 running boards

Southern Arizona - We're close to Tombstone and can see Mexico (Mt. San Jose) from our backyard.
    US Army, Retired

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The recliners are use only ac power and not 12 volt dc.
    There are plenty of "other" items that draw down a battery.

Brian

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated, the recliners are 110 volt, not 12 volt. If they were lit up, you had to be plugged into shore power.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @Sarge33Army, like the other guys above I'm a bit confused by your post. The recliners only run off shore power, as do the microwave and TV and fireplace (if equipped). The lights and fans in the trailer are 12V... if you didn't leave any of them on then other common battery-draining culprits are the smoke and propane alarms and the radio.

The easiest way to avoid battery drain is to disconnect the battery completely when leaving the trailer for any time, since the battery "disconnect" switch in your basement doesn't actually disconnect the battery completely and some of culprits above remain powered.

Bit of a scare for your wife... hope she's OK.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The switch in my Reflection 27 RL located in the storage compartment seemed to be a great marketing idea. I thought I could just flip the switch and it would totally isolate the battery from being discharged. Well it does not! I purchased a little device from Wal Mart in the auto section near the battery display that attaches to the positive or negative post on the battery and all I do now is rotate the big green knob to open the circuit. It obviously kills everything and the battery stays up indefinitely. Some circuits are not intended to be totally isolated from power. Maybe the carbon monoxide detector?? How about the emergency brakes that apply when the cable is pulled........that needs 12 volts. Who knows what else..

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furion camera

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge33Army View Post
    Our battery was dead, so we charged it and looked for the drain source. Found the recliner controls lit but not really on (heat/massage/light). The radio and TV lights were also lit. My wife said that we should unplug them. I said that I could just disconnect the power at the control station. I left to run a short errand...about 15-minutes later I return and hear her calling for HELP. She was on the recliner but stuck as the recliner was fully reclined and had trapped her arm between wall and the recliner back. Listen learned is to always have a safety assistant. BTW - We also disconnected the power at the control station.
    So, how do you like the furion camera? Just got a 3000bh and is about 5 ft longer than our old trailer and think the camera might be a good idea.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Furrion camera works great. I only use it when backing as I found it distracting in traffic. Tried it in heavy traffic, but prefer reading traffic and getting-/staying- in my lane. Bottom line is that the camera is worth it and easy to install and use.
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB
    Maxxis M8008 ST Radial 225/75R-15 E 10-ply tires
    MoRryde CRE2-35 CRE3000 w/ wet bolt kit & X-Factor cross-member
    Furrion Observation camera with 5-inch monitor
    Equalizer WDH 1,000/10,000

2018 Toyota Tundra SR5 Extended Cab
    Michelin Defender LTX E-rated tires
    RoadMaster Active Suspension (in lieu of TRD sway bar and airbags)
    BakFLip MX4 hard-folding tonneau cover
    Putco Blade LED Tailgate Light Bar
    Westin stainless R7 running boards

Southern Arizona - We're close to Tombstone and can see Mexico (Mt. San Jose) from our backyard.
    US Army, Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In traffic, it is quite handy for determining when you have completely passed another vehicle.

You can see them on the periphery.

Other than that, you get a lovely view of your spare tire and about six feet of road behind you - not a rear-view mirror!
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Najataagihe View Post
    Other than that, you get a lovely view of your spare tire and about six feet of road behind you - not a rear-view mirror!
    You can adjust (raise) the camera so you get a much better view behind you. But it is almost a fish-eye camera so most of the cars behind you look very small, even if they are close.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV: