User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold Fridge won't cool

We have a Solitude 36' fifth wheel with a Norcold 4 door refrigerator. We are living in the trailer due to being in the middle of moving. Currently I am 1200 miles away from the trailer and have been told that the fridge has quit cooling. It stays between 60-65 degrees on the number 8 setting. It doesn't make a difference if it is running on propane or electric. Any ideas where to start looking for the problem? I have family that can help trouble shoot the problem if I can get an idea on where to start. Thank you for any help that can be provided.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A search of the forum will find lots of answers but the short version is to first check the door flap that is on the left door which is supposed to flop into place to cover the gap between the doors. Most of them drag on the bottom inside of the fridge and the flap doesn’t go into place leaving a 2 inch gap right up the center of the front of the fridge. The short term fix is to close the left door first, pull the flap into place then close the right door.

Where is the trailer and what are the weather conditions there, if it is overly hot with sun on the side of the trailer it could be a problem with air circulation around the back of the fridge, there are fans in there that should be coming on automatically which sometimes don’t get the job done.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning. I will have someone check to see if the fans are coming on. The weather is hot but everything has been working perfectly until yesterday at which time the fridge started running at 60-65 degrees. I will keep you posted on what is found with the fans.

Thank you

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine from new wasn’t plugged in
    It would only work on propane!
    Did u run out of gas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overkill19 View Post
    Mine from new wasn’t plugged in It would only work on propane! Did u run out of gas? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @tporter first posted about his problem almost two weeks ago. Hopefully he's got it fixed by now and will post a followup reporting what happened.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this issue and discovered that the center piece on the left door wasn’t closing correctectly so the frig stayed warm. Pull that center piece forward and it will seal and cool down