Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    "Home" is Dacula, GA. Currently working in Waynesboro, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thermostat Modes

I have two questions in regard to thermostat modes for those of you that have already gone through the colder seasons.

One of our units has a heat pump, the other doesn't. When you set the one unit to heat pump (HP) what mode do you use on the other one? Options are fan, cool or off. I'm starting to guess "off" since all of the duct work seems to be tied together but wanted to find out what others are using.

When you set the thermostat to Auto (as opposed to cool, hp, or furn) what is it utilizing for the temperature? I have the temperature set for cool at 78 and for heat at 66. When you flip between those two modes it seems to recognize the different temperature settings. Yesterday I set the unit it to Auto assuming the heat pump would run in the morning and if needed, the air would run in the afternoon. Got back to the RV in the evening and even though it really didn't need it the air was running. It seemed like it was trying to cool the RV to the temp set for the heat strip. Brrrr.

I live in the Solitude during the week and don't want to go through this every Fall and Spring when the temps are fluctuating like they are right now. Neither of these scenarios are explained in the manual for the thermostat. In fact the manual is pretty generic.

Thanks;
    Don
    Don and Jean - Dacula, GA
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2015 GMC 3500HD Denali SRW Long Bed
    2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager - Let the Good Times Roll!

kbharris
    We have a 379fl. I assume it has the same A/C set up, and only the rear unit has the heat pump. We turn the front (zone 1) off as well...am interested to see what the answer for your 'auto' setting is, as well.