User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our story was different. Picked the 5r we wanted b4 getting truck but knew we needed more truck. Had always been Ford people but when we decided to purchase the dully F350, hurricane Harvey had taken its toll. We poked around several cities in a couple of states but found only the "right" Ram trucks in New Braunfels Texas. Had to have the right 5 items including power pedals for the short DW. Looked at 4 there and picked the "one". Making the deal was a bit screwy and we almost bailed out. Looking at the Cumins power plant gave me hope, so we now drive the 3500 Ram Dully.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have always had fords. We just switched to a GMC 2500 duramax and absolutely love it. We have a 2019 303RLS. We forget it’s on the back! It tows so well.
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've had all 3. currently we have a 2003 2500hd Durmax and a 2017 F350. I love the Allison and Duramax but have issues with rust that really pissed me off. The only big issue was with my Dodge and transmissions. It was an issue they had for a long time and am not sure if they ever got it worked out. The fact GM decided to go with Allison shows how difficult it really is to make a transmission for bigger vehicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 Chevy
    81 Ford
    92 Ford
    00 Dodge
    06 Dodge
    16 Ford

I thought the quality issues with the first Dodge might have been a fluke, but the 2nd one proved that theory wrong. I'm pretty good at keeping my trucks maintained but the 1 major repair every year required with the Dodges was enough to send me back to Ford. I did own them prior to FCA so I can't speak to today's Rams. I tend to keep my trucks for a number of years and prior to the 00, none were bought new.

That said, I would consider the GM trucks in the future, probably GMC and not Chevy simply based on aesthetics.
    Bruce and Lynn - South Central PA
    2016 F-350 Lariat Crew - 6.7L PS, 4WD, SRW, LWB
    B & W Companion
    2019 Relection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Including body-on-frame SUVs

67 Chevy C-10 - Was my granddad's and it was more reliable than my '83 Rabbit GTi
    89 Chevy S-10 Blazer - Got it with a tow package, but never bought any toys to tow. As a DD it wasn't very good, I suspect the tranny would have been kinder under load
    06 Lexus GX470 - Wife's DD. Went with Lexus because all the nicer equipped 4runners had sunroofs that I don't fit under. It was the vehicle we thought would be a TV for our first trailer, but we fell in love with something too big for it
    13 Ford Expedition EL - Really impressed me with how far trucks had come from my father's 84 F-250. Super reliable and quiet, only sold it recently so we could move up to a fiver.
    19 Ford F-350 - This really could have been a RAM 3500, but the RAM's passenger footwell is oddly shaped and was a deal killer. What I loved about the RAM was the MegaCab could allow us to use 2 traditional dog crates (and the 12" control panel is awesome). That said, I'm definitely tickled with the 1-ton Ford. We've taken it up to 10K elevation twice and we can always gain speed if needed. That wasn't the case towing the 6,000lb travel trailer. We're now over 13K lbs with the Solitude and my DW did over 130 miles of the towing this past weekend.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before buying my current 2018 F350, I considered all the brands for a dually. I have owned vehicles from domestic and foreign automakers over the years with some degree of success and failures with all manufacturers. To add some objectivity to my selection process I had some requirements to be met.

• 5,000 lb. payload minimum
    • More than 38 gallons of fuel

The 2018 GM got knocked off the list first with only having a 4,500 lb. payload (right from the B pillar sticker). I loved the ride and wanted this to be my first choice but alas, couldn't meet my requirements. That left Ram and Ford in final contention. I drove the Ram and loved the interior but at the time they only offered a 36 gallon fuel tank thus crossing that one off the list.

That left me with Ford, which in my opinion is the middle of the road between the GM and Ram. Not the best ride or best interior but met the requirements so that's what got ordered. The first year of ownership has met my expectations for the new truck. It pulls very well, rides okay, and has been nearly trouble free. Some of the features on the Ford have been very appealing from the previous truck...adaptive cruise, keyless ignition, 48.5 gallon fuel tank, rain sensing wipers with auto headlights.

Now with the latest offerings from the 3 dually makers coming in 2020, the decision might be different if I was in the market.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123