Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'17 rl27 converter will not run on shore power

The converter will run when hooked up to direct 110v. But when the rig is plugged into shore power and then the converter is plugged into fuse panel "back side designated recpt" it wont run. I hooked up a drop light to the converter recpt and it lights up, but is dimmer than when plugged into regular 110v.
    Note: The recept. in basement is not working at all. And yes, I have reset the fuses several times. Nothing seems to throw the fuses all the way to the off position.
    ?1)Low amps at fuse panel recept.?
    ?2)Bad fuse?
    Last edited by Jburnes; 08-18-2019 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jburnes View Post
    The converter will run when hooked up to direct 110v. But when the rig is plugged into shore power and then the converter is plugged into fuse panel "back side designated recpt" it wont run. I hooked up a drop light to the converter recpt and it lights up, but is dimmer than when plugged into regular 110v.
    Note: The recept. in basement is not working at all. And yes, I have reset the fuses several times. Nothing seems to throw the fuses all the way to the off position.
    ?1)Low amps at fuse panel recept.?
    ?2)Bad fuse?
    I would suspect a bad or loose neutral in the panel. I would check all of your neutral screws.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was it! The shore wiring was the issue, as the neutral was poorly connected! Thanks for the help!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jburnes View Post
    That was it! The shore wiring was the issue, as the neutral was poorly connected! Thanks for the help!!!
    No problem, glad I could help
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to advise you to check, but everything was already resolved, it's great. I hope this problem did not cause problems.