User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Four easy tips:
    Walk around the RV and the truck before moving it. Touch everything you check (doors, tires, connections, lights, etc.) and do it in the same order each time. (Aviation background - it helps you remember them.)
    Turn on the spigot before connecting your regulator/hose and purge the old rusty water in the water line (maybe a quart or so).
    Run water through your hose before connecting to the RV. It will purge the air and keep faucets from burping.
    Turn off the pedestal breakers before you plug or unplug and plug in pedestal last (after the cable is connected to the RV) and unplug it first (before unplugging the cable from the RV).

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry a few small orange cones. The kind from a sporting goods store. Small, lightweight, flexible. Anyhow, when I’m walking a site before I back in and things are looking like they will be tight I take a tape measure and measure off the obstacle (pedestal, tree, etc) my slides distance and then set a couple cones down. They are then my reference point for where to place my trailer. Quick, easy, and as an Oregonian, I can confirm they are still visible when trying to back up during absolute downpours. It’s sped things up and prevented arguments with my wife. Haha.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our dog won't lick her chops either. Wet socks abound!!!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember camper tires are only rated for a max of 65mph.
    Slow down and enjoy life!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    Whenever we leave, even for a few hours, we shut off water. Anything can happen, anytime. It takes all of a few seconds to walk around and turn the valve. We learned from someone else who gave us that tip because of their own bad experience.

Sent from LB's phone using Tapatalk
    I do this also. Came back after a walk to find my outside wye fitting had broke and camp water was blasting under the trailer. Fortunate it was an outside connection that broke. Now I shut off the water and kill the Hot Water heater switch as we walk out the door.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy and use an infrared thermometer gun. Check the tires and hubs at each stop. $20 tool may save thousands

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesleonard View Post
    Buy and use an infrared thermometer gun. Check the tires and hubs at each stop. $20 tool may save thousands
    Great tip, used mine today as trailers making crazy noice while towing. Wheels came in at 120 to 130 degrees, new the wheels were not the noice makers. It was the hitch, not a problem. Gave me price of mind, knowing bearings/ brakes were not failing!
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have factory coat hooks in our rig for hanging coats and rain gear. Command Strip hooks work Great, and are inexpensive. I use them where possible in the storage compartments too.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't exceed the speed rating of your RV's tires. Excess speed builds up excess heat, causing "china bombs". Any tire, regardless of where it is made can be a "china bomb". Same can be said for tire pressure, whether too much, or not enough. Heed the tire pressure label on your RV.
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT 1500, CrewCab, 5.3L, 2wd.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use and empty one LP tank at a time. That way you will always know that you have a full one, and can refill the empty one as soon as possible.

Use a remote digital temperature sensor inside your fridge. You can monitor fridge temps without opening the door.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast