User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purchasing 2250RK and have questions

We are getting close to purchasing a Image 2250 RK and have a few questions:
    Are there still issues with the suspension? or has Grand Design fixed this problem
    Our local dealer only has one in stock and it is a 2018 model, that was manufactured Nov 2017. We are a little concerned about purchasing something that has been sitting on the lot for almost 2 years and wondering what others think about it.
    If we do decide to purchase a current model instead, can anyone suggest a dealer in the NE that has been good to deal with and offers good pricing
    The theater seating looks the most comfortable, however my wife works remotely and spends several hours a day on her laptop - is the table that comes with the theater seating, comfortable enough to work at. Our local dealer does not have this model, so haven't been able to try it out.

Are there any other issues that owners are having

Thank you for your help!

Ken and Evelyn
    New owners soon!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know in our 2600RB the axles changed in 2019 to 4400lb and 3000lb springs. The 2018 may be the older axles an springs. Not for certain on the 2250.
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB
    2016 Ford F350 CCLB SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenwol View Post
    Are there still issues with the suspension? or has Grand Design fixed this problem
    Our local dealer only has one in stock and it is a 2018 model, that was manufactured Nov 2017. We are a little concerned about purchasing something that has been sitting on the lot for almost 2 years and wondering what others think about it.
    If we do decide to purchase a current model instead, can anyone suggest a dealer in the NE that has been good to deal with and offers good pricing
    The theater seating looks the most comfortable, however my wife works remotely and spends several hours a day on her laptop - is the table that comes with the theater seating, comfortable enough to work at. Our local dealer does not have this model, so haven't been able to try it out.

Thank you for your help!

Ken and Evelyn
    New owners soon!
    We originally looked at the 2250RK...
    Check out the 220RK before you pull the trigger, its the 5th wheel version of that trailer, both are just under 27 feet, but the latter gives you way more storage space and much better towing stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    We originally looked at the 2250RK...
    Check out the 220RK before you pull the trigger, its the 5th wheel version of that trailer, both are just under 27 feet, but the latter gives you way more storage space and much better towing stability.

220RK has been discontinued for almost 2 years....although there may be one or two out there just like the OP's 2250 tht is 2 years old.

The table that comes with the new build theater seats is just a folding leg table. Works as any other table would.
    Last edited by huntr70; 08-19-2019 at 04:16 AM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    220RK has been discontinued for almost 2 years....although there may be one or two out there just like the OP's 2250 tht is 2 years old...
    Lol
    No it hasn’t, they were being built this year.
    Anyway there are plenty of new never used 2019 220RK’s out there.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol
    No it hasn’t, they were being built this year.
    Anyway there are plenty of new never used 2019 220RK’s out there.

OK, maybe a year and a half.

2019's have been built since May of 2018.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Purchasing 2250RK and have questions

So like I said... there’s plenty of new 2019 220RK’s available.
    Since it’s still 2019 , they’re just as new as any other 2019 RV. Not 2 years old.

Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 08-19-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not trying to throw gas on the fire , but 2020’s have been out a while. So yes , any 2019 is basically a year old , new or not. As such they should be discounted more.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenwol View Post
    If we do decide to purchase a current model instead, can anyone suggest a dealer in the NE that has been good to deal with and offers good pricing. The theater seating looks the most comfortable, however my wife works remotely and spends several hours a day on her laptop - is the table that comes with the theater seating, comfortable enough to work at. Our local dealer does not have this model, so haven't been able to try it out.

Thank you for your help!

Ken and Evelyn
    New owners soon!
    Since you were looking at a 2017 model I’m guessing you don’t want a brand new 2020.
    So check out the 2018 or 2019 model 2250RK and the 2018 or 2019 220RK.
    In 2018+ they came with Dexter axles which took care of the issues with grease fouling the brakes.
    From what I’ve seen flat springs and broken welds have been an issue across all models.

We were very close to buying the 2250RK with the chaise and the fixed table, but decided that combo was both unattractive and very uncomfortable.
    Then we looked at a 220RK which is nearly identical but a fifth wheel. It came with the same options and we got to look at one with the theater seats (3-person couch) which is drastically more comfortable.
    We ended up buying the 220RK and had it built with the double-paned windows option and the theater seating.
    We are full timers and work on this couch several hours a day using laptop workstations like the one below.
    We also have a small plastic card table that we work at outside when we want an office with a better view.
    We also use the lap tables as TV trays.

https://amzn.to/2KKoUm0

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81GMq3LUMuL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	22061

Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 08-19-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you were looking at a 2017 model I’m guessing you don’t want a brand new 2020.
    So check out the 2018 or 2019 model 2250RK and the 2018 or 2019 220RK.
    In 2018+ they came with Dexter axles which took care of the issues with grease fouling the brakes.
    From what I’ve seen flat springs and broken welds have been an issue across all models.

We were very close to buying the 2250RK with the chaise and the fixed table, but decided that combo was both unattractive and very uncomfortable.
    Then we looked at a 220RK which is nearly identical but a fifth wheel. It came with the same options and we got to look at one with the theater seats (3-person couch) which is drastically more comfortable.
    We ended up buying the 220RK and had it built with the double-paned windows option and the theater seating.
    We are full timers and work on this couch several hours a day using laptop workstations like the one below.
    We also have a small plastic card table that we work at outside when we want an office with a better view.
    We also use the lap tables as TV trays.

https://amzn.to/2KKoUm0

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81GMq3LUMuL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	22061

How's the 220RK holding up at your current location? Be sure to say hey to ol' Cthulhu while you're there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast