User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold Refrigerator Model 1210 causing water damage

I have a 2017 337 with a Norcold double door refrigerator. The other day I noticed some water stains in the bottom right hand side of the storage cabinet located between the fridge and stove. I removed the fridge outside access panel off and discovered the fridge drain tube produced more water than the evaporation tray could process. I believe it was the overflow water than ran toward the cabinet and caused the water stains. I simply routed the tube outside through one of the access panel vents and it just drips on the ground. On a side note, the fridge was very finicky when we purchased the unit new and eventually would not stay cold. I replaced the thermister (which is kinda like a thermostat I guess) for $24 and it has worked beautifully ever since.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If my memory serves me right there was a fix for that at one of the rallies. It was a simple strip that adhered on the sidewall to redirect the water to the drain. Contact Norcold, they should be familiar with the problem and send you the strip
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did some research and it sounds like a fairly common problem. I guess some manufacturers bypass the evaporation pan (like I did) and route the hose out through the vent where the water drips on the ground. Looked at pictures of a Vilano 5th wheel and it also had a hose hanging out the vent.