User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We upgraded to get the bed slide. For us , we prefer the extra room to walk around a queen bed. And I haven’t seen a walk-in closet with in an rv with a north/south oriented bed.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    We prefer it. Really like having windows on either side of the bed for morning light, looking out, and especially cross-ventilation. The shelves in lieu of full nightstands have been adequate for most things for us but something that won't stay put there will usually stay put on the top of the headboard in front of the big window there or, all else fails, on the floor under the windows.

Also, not for everyone but we've replaced the king mattress with a queen without re-sizing the bed platform, so we have inches of plywood on either side of the mattress which can be used for propping an iPad or a book against the wall or for other uses.

We don't miss nightstands at all, especially if they come at the cost of giving up bedside windows.
    Cutting down the bed platform wasn't a very big project. We did remove ours and take it to a friend who has all the right tools.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2965.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	22089

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2984.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	22088

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaChris View Post
    Cutting down the bed platform wasn't a very big project. We did remove ours and take it to a friend who has all the right tools.
    Thanks Chris, I saw your mod in another thread, nice.

I have a half-baked theory that the next owners of our trailer may be pleased to have a king-sized platform for their bed. It would be nice to have a little more room to walk around our bed, especially on the bathroom side, but since we're not otherwise finding the inches of plywood sticking out either side of our replaced queen-sized mattress to be inconvenient - it's even useful at times - we may just leave it that way.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow what a layout! But seriously agree with the fridge access issues. Not only can you not open the left doors fully, but you can't get to the fridge at all during travel without opening the slide. One of the best parts of our 310 is on the road all we have to do is put the steps down to be able to get in, hit the bathroom and get a fresh beverage or snack!

Also agree on the bed in the slide, absolutely great to have windows and a cross breeze going across at night. I'd feel claustrophobic in the beds that go over the cap with a low ceiling.
    Our Setup
    2018.5 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Floorplan is interesting for 2 people who like to carry a bunch of "stuff" with them
    - Bathroom layout is more gooder than our 310
    - We like the bedroom slide because of windows and closet
    - No carpet!!
    - Extended front basement
    - Huge rear cargo area

Dislikes:
    - Low CCC so much storage is wasted unless your "stuff" is mostly pillows
    - Inability to use refrig during travel
    - Inability to fully open left refrig door
    - Did I say not enough CCC?

In general, bravo for the new designs and continuing development. I'm sure it will suit some people to a T.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking at the 390 at the rally the floor plan isn't so bad. There is more room to move around the kitchen island than the video shows. It looks like they made the island a bit smaller. Over all the storage inside and outside is quite plentiful even with minimal storage in the living room.
    If the kitchen were on the same plane as the living room it would be easier on backs and knees. I like the bar overlooking the livingroom. Still don't like the mirror over the small theater seat.
    The steps inside are pretty tall (2 steps to go up to both upper areas) and would wear my short legs out in no time especially if you are running up and down to the kitchen . I would really like this more if it had a few different things
    1- 3 steps going up into both the kitchen and bedroom/bath (the up and down would get very tiring after being in it for extended periods, just my opinion)
    2- cargo capacity to match the amount of storage ( visualize plenty of axle/spring issues just like the 375), park it and leave it on a seasonal to avoid suspension problems.
    3 - the TV doesn't tilt downward so when in the living room you have to look up
    They say the fridge got moved over a bit (we saw the prototype) so the door will open for crisper bin access on the left and to get the crispers out for cleaning.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 08-29-2019 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Talking backwards
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12