User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    OK, Ken, this is now your official song: "Call Me The Breeze" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z499WFdQN-4
    I like Lynyrd Skynrd will have to ad that to my Google Play. The wife might have something to say about it. She wouldn't let me play Hwy to Hell when we left the dock in the boat, maybe I should try it in the RV.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing ��

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose “ I can’t drive 55 “ by Sammy Hagar won’t be pumping through the truck speakers either, eh??
    Nice story!!
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iproff1 View Post
    We have had our RV since August 12 a whole week now and we have been away for 3 days and we are booked into Bass Lake Provincial Park in Sept. Everything has gone great despite our trip home the first day. We picked up the trailer we were trading in and made the trip down the 400 from Victoria Harbour to Sebring Ontario without any problem. I was a little nervous towing a trailer that I had no idea about the bearings or the hubs and when they had been serviced last but it went perfect. We pick up the new trailer after a two hour orientation and start to head home. I tell the wife it will be a breeze from here to home. The only city we have to go through is Orillia. We turn north on to Hwy 12 and we are on our way, 5 minutes later I look in the mirror and see an ambulance coming with it's lights and siren on, CRAP it's a two lane hwy with soft gravel shoulders. I know by law I need to clear the lane if possible but there is no where to go, the ambulance is is closing fast. There is a turn off for a road with a very short right turn lane but it's long enough to fit 49' for truck and trailer. I get it stopped and we both give a sigh of relieve. We manage to get back on the road and head through Orillia, we even stop for a quick lunch. We get back in the truck and I tell the wife the hard part is over. We head north on hwy 12 which turns into the old Barrie road, it's not traveled much by traffic so it should be a breeze. Well ten minutes later we are greeted by a pickup truck coming over the hill with a large sign that reads caution wide load, wtf a tractor pulling 1/2 a house is right behind him. This is a two lane country road no paved shoulders no right turn lanes just a straight one lane each way country road. I slow the truck right down as the tractor driver is doing also. I get my right side wheels exactly on the edge of the pavement and I stop. The tractor driver goes as far to the right as he can and makes it by with 2" to spare. I wait for the following tractor to do the same thing, as he approaches he gives me a wave. I am no longer allowed to say this will be a breeze. We did manage to get the 2450 into our designated 11' wide parking spot on the first try. I figure everything from now on is going to be .........OK.

Ken
    Hi Ken. It sure is an experience towing a trailer. We have a 36'10" fifth wheel that we tow to Port Severn , Wildwood park. Great spot for over nighters . I'm just learning to back into spots with several attempts. Of course, there are always spectators who are willing to help. To help ease the tension I always have a white cane that I have behind driver's seat. I get out of truck with the cane. You should see the looks. No wonder he can't park, he's blind. Good luck on your adventures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be at Bass Lake Sept 6,7 in our 26RB.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrn003 View Post
    I will be at Bass Lake Sept 6,7 in our 26RB.
    We are there the 3rrd 4th and 5th. I have an MRI in Orillia only 10 minutes to the hospital on the 4th. We are taking our cat with us to see how he likes the RV. I picked East campground site 19, an easy back in site and close to a water station.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped reading and read again the line...."after a two-hour orientation at the dealer." I didn't know there was such a thing. Our dealer spent less than 10 minutes. They pointed out where things were located but nothing like your experience. For example, the towing instructions were "swing wide." That's it. I was too dumb not to know to ask more questions. I got gypped and damaged my trailer several times because of it. You have a great dealer. Glad you were able to navigate the straits...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLLynn View Post
    I stopped reading and read again the line...."after a two-hour orientation at the dealer." I didn't know there was such a thing. Our dealer spent less than 10 minutes. They pointed out where things were located but nothing like your experience. For example, the towing instructions were "swing wide." That's it. I was too dumb not to know to ask more questions. I got gypped and damaged my trailer several times because of it. You have a great dealer. Glad you were able to navigate the straits...
    The dealer went through everything from the tv to the stove even turned the recliners on and off. We went through each area and when we finished an area he would ask any question on anything in this room. Even the outside open and closed every compartment and checked the locks. Showed us how to level the trailer, drain the tanks connect the electrical and change the propane tanks. A separate fellow install our sway bar and set up our WD hitch. He showed us how to connect the truck and the hitch. They made sure we were comfortable with everything in the trailer, we were very comfortable and confident driving out of their lot. The first time we went camping it was a breeze ( there's that word again)there orientation really helped us.
    Sorry your dealer was not as thorough as ours.

Ken

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iproff1; 08-28-2019 at 07:53 PM.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLLynn View Post
    Perhaps not such a great thing, because by that time, I’m betting the paperwork was done, signed, and the trailer was paid for. At the time we SHOULD have insisted on doing a thorough PDI, our trailer was pulled into a showroom, only connected to electric (no water or gas on), with other customers crawling all over it. We, too, were told we had to have a “two-hour orientation”, which we scheduled for the following week. We arrived early, for our 10am orientation appointment, and were told they didn’t have a technician available for us (but they would find someone soon). At 10:30, we started our orientation, but the tech said he had to leave at noon. I’d read the manual pretty thoroughly beforehand, had a lengthy list of questions, but the tech had a severe case of ADHD, oftentimes attempting to show how systems functioned, but never quite explaining or showing (he’d say the instructions were in the black pouch).

The whole experience was disappointing, and when it came time to sign the checklist (on which nothing was checked), we managed to get out of there without signing, because the tech handed Bruce the clipboard, we passed it back and forth between us, and it ended up on the workbench, as the tech was still running around.

One example of the lack of knowledge about the trailer was when the tech tried to show us how to operate the heat/ac. He kept punching the buttons on the Dometic thermostat, and when it appeared as though it wasn’t responding, he gave up, saying, “Oh, you can read the directions-they’re in the black bag”. In truth, the only instructions included in the black bag were mostly for the factory-how to install the systems/appliances. In the end, we figured out the thermostat on our own-the buttons are touch sensitive, not toggles, there is a reaction delay for the functions, but the display responds immediately. We just had to have patience, something that tech surely didn’t have.

Luckily, we found and joined this forum, so the few problems we found with the trailer were fixed by us.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bet we have all been in a few tight spots. Seems the bigger the RV the more tight sports there are. Must be some kind of rule.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast