Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Maiden Voyage

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maiden Voyage

Just returned from the first trip with our new 380 FL. Before I start with the negative I want to say the floor plan of this unit is great. For the most part everything went well. Unfortunately there was some issues. As stated in the forum our Norcold refrigerator ran constant, leaked water, door alarm went off continuously. Found drain hose not connected to tray, right door latch not adjusted correctly. When running the front black tank flush water leaked into storage bay, and last but not least the shower leaked into the closet. I’m starting to believe no matter how much you spend there is going to be problems. We love our rig and hope the dealer can correct the issues. Unfortunately it goes to storage after the service and we won’t know if they got fixed. Still all in all a great design and a lot of room. Looking forward to our next trip.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hopefully, you can get things tidied up and have uneventful future trips.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and sorry to here about the problems. You would think if the dealer done a good PDI they would have found some of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kenny & Susan "Freddie" on board
    2019 Reflection 297rsts
    2017 F250 6.2
    14k Equalizer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately you are correct, there are always problems with a new unit. But once you get past that things so to go pretty smoothly. Storage? I would have a tough time storing something that expensive. When we were boaters we had the rule that if we didn't use it for more than 3 months we had to sell it. But given the nature of the problems listed I would try really hard to find some way to test the repairs. Water issues are pretty important.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brother Reid, are you going to put your boat back on the truck rack? Nobody will be able to recognize you if you don't...you'll just become another vanilla rv'r.
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When running the front black tank flush water leaked into storage bay

I solved this problem with both the black water and fresh water draining into the storage bay tray by purchasing 2 short 3 foot hoses (one regular and one for drinking water). I connected the 3 foot drinking water hose to the intake and ran it through the hole, then connected the drinking water hose. When flushing the black water I attach the other 3 foot hose to the black water flush, flush the tank. Then we you disconnect the black water flush the extra water drains to the ground and not in the tray.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is leaking behind the connection of the flush fitting. Then seeping out of the enclosure into the storage area I’m guessing a connector issue. Going in for knee replacement in 4 weeks so I’m getting it to the dealer for the repairs now and then to storage for the winter. They assured me that next spring if there still is a problem they will have it noted when the repairs were done. All in all a awesome rig, just got to get thru the shake down period.