User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dually Valve Stem Extenders

Anyone installed these Dually Valve Stem Extenders and these Rubber Valve Stem Stabilizer?

https://www.amazon.com/Dually-Valve-...63BJ1CYSXGF8GW
    https://www.amazon.com/RealWheels-RW...9ME7DCQXZ386MJ
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tried those but I have tried some and they are a PAIN. I use these on my front and outer rears https://eezrvproducts.com/shop?olsPa...tension&page=2, with my TPMS sensors and they have worked pretty well. I tried the 45 degree extensions (from same website) with my flow through sensors on the inner rear, which I gave up on and just use the flow through sensors which are no problem. Extensions are generally a pain because you have to tighten them without over tightening and must use locktite or they eventually work loose. Then any time you touch them to add air you may move them and cause a leak, even with loctite.

For the inner rears, I would definitely use the type that attach to the rim. These or a similar one may work https://www.amazon.com/Valve-Stem-Be...ateway&sr=8-21
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried them and I too found them to be a pain and then when I decided to replace my tires with commercial truck tires, the tire shop owner indicated they are the cause of a host of problems and refuse to install them. I since found with the right tool for checking pressure and airing the inner tires, nothing more is needed.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was talking to a guy at camp about tire pressure sensors. He has a large rig truck. He recommended these.

Crossfire Dual Tire Pressure Equalization System

Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    I was talking to a guy at camp about tire pressure sensors. He has a large rig truck. He recommended these.

I've seen those but imo it defeats one of the reasons for having a dually. If one tire goes flat you still have one good tire. Actually this happened to me and because the tongue weight is nowhere near the rated payload I was able to continue 50 miles with no problem. Also, never noticed a big temp difference on inner vs outer tires.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    I've seen those but imo it defeats one of the reasons for having a dually. If one tire goes flat you still have one good tire. Actually this happened to me and because the tongue weight is nowhere near the rated payload I was able to continue 50 miles with no problem. Also, never noticed a big temp difference on inner vs outer tires.
    From the Dual Dynamics web site
    BLOWOUTS AND LEAKS

Crossfire has a safety feature that automatically isolates the “good” tire in the event of a blowout. When a blowout occurs, the internal safety valve closes immediately with only a slight loss of pressure to the “good” tire.

In slow leak situations, the valve isolates both tires after a pressure drop of approximately 10 P.S.I.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have steel valve stems and both of the inside stems were at an odd angle so that you couldn't get an air chuck to work. I purchased braided tire extenders from Ford's over the road truck dealer in Kansas City and I love them. They work great and I've had no problems yet. They don't seem to loosen, or leak and they are very easy to use. They attach to one of the lugs and are solid as a rock. I wouldn't mind having a pair of the type that equalize the pressure though. Anything to make it easier is welcome because I have a bad back.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the Dual Dynamics web site
    BLOWOUTS AND LEAKS

Crossfire has a safety feature that automatically isolates the “good” tire in the event of a blowout. When a blowout occurs, the internal safety valve closes immediately with only a slight loss of pressure to the “good” tire.

In slow leak situations, the valve isolates both tires after a pressure drop of approximately 10 P.S.I.
    Thanks for the clarification, I didn't know that. I am still hesitant to use anything that attaches to a valve stem. The ones I still have on the front and rear outer wheels of my truck work ok but I keep a close eye on them. If I had it to do over I would buy the internal sensors that are available for truck and trailer. Then for the dually inner wheels I would use a rim mounted valve stem similar to the one I provided a link for. This would have to be the most trouble free way.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 08-22-2019 at 07:42 AM.