User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Splendide washing machine cleaning cycle?

We have a 375RES with the stackable washer/dryer. The washing machine is the Splendide ARWXF129W which I think is the standard washing machine that GD installs. The user manual found online doesn't mention a cleaning cycle -- the cycle that actually cleans the interior of the washing machine.

In our former SOB 5th wheel, we had a Whirlpool that had a clearly marked clean cycle for periodic cleaning of the machine. Add 1/2 cup of bleach to the bleach cup and run the "cleaning cycle." I'm not finding this on the Splendide.

Any recommendations on which cycle to use to clean the interior of your washing machine? Am I missing something in the instructions or a cycle on the machine?
    Jeff & Laurie
    Him: US Army Aviator and DoD Consultant -- Retired
    Her: Certified Residential Appraiser
    Auggie (our beer-loving English Cocker Spaniel)
    Angus (55 pounds of attitude in a 5 pound chihuahua body)
    Full timing in Rockport, Texas

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that same trailer and W/D combo. I have read the manual and see nothing about a cleaning cycle either. I have used it several times already, 8-10 loads, and haven't had any issues with smell etc. I do leave a damp rid tub in the washer while in storage and that really helps. The bedroom slide prevents leaving the closet door and washer door open when stored. So far this seems to work fine. I do hand dry the drum and rubber door seal and glass door after the last load also.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the washer does not have a clean cycle, you can still run a hat wash with Alfresh tablet or a half a quart of vinegar.

I work on coin washers and dryers at apts and colleges. (coming on 30 years) Oversoaping is a major problem. 1/4 of a scoup is all you need. NO PODS. Pods are already too much.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Splendide. They have excellent customer service. If there is a cleaning cycle for your model washer, they will email it to you. There is a specific cleaning cycle for my W/D combo unit and it's not in the instruction book. But all it took was one call.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS