User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 310 GK King to Queen

We're mid mod - just waiting for the 8" memory foam mattress.

We spent 3 nights on the stock King mattress and decided it was going. So while making the switch we wanted to make living with the bed easier - downsizing to a Queen would help meet that goal.

I sold the original mattress on Facebook Marketplace and removed the sleeping platform. We took it to a friend's wood-working shop and trimmed 4.5" off each side, used an 1/8" router and then sanded. The photo is after re-installation. I've also ordered an edging material to give it a better feel when reaching down there for making the bed.

We had an RV queen in our TT, so an 80" length queen will be just fine for me.

Best regards,
    Chris

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2966.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	22052
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and to fix the loose panels on the sofa side tables, we disconnected the sofa bed from the floor and pulled it forward.

Name:	IMG_2967.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	22053

The joys of getting a new RV settled.

Best regards,
    Chris

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	IMG_2984.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	22075

Finished with a new Eddie Bauer comforter set found on Amazon, seems to go well with the Linen decor.

This is going to be easier to live with on a daily basis. We make up our bed each morning and we will be able to reach around the head more easily.

Best regards,
    Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello
    Did you have to modify the platform base as well or just trim the plywood platform down.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joatmon8504 View Post
    Hello
    Did you have to modify the platform base as well or just trim the plywood platform down.
    Hi there, welcome to the forum.

You've posted to a year-plus-old thread - there's a good chance that @BubbaChris won't know that you've asked a question unless he/she notices that this thread has floated up again.

However he/she WILL know that I've posted this response because of that @BubbaChris" that I included in the last sentence... he/she will now get a notification about it and may then reply to you. It's good practice to at least do that - reference the author - any time you post a comment or question about another post. It's better still to use the Reply With Quote link at the bottom right of every message, which includes the text you're commenting / asking about in your post (see your text above, improves context for people coming along later) AND notifies the author of that post of your response.

It's also a good idea to create a "signature" that will appear at the bottom of each post you publish, including at least the model of your trailer if not also other information that will help readers understand the context of your situation. See my signature at the bottom of this message. Create a signature by clicking on Settings at top right of the site, and then Edit Signature at the left side of the resulting page.

Finally, I'll make an educated guess that BubbaChris did not have to modify the frame under the bed platform. We have a king platform and it overhangs the underlying frame by quite a bit, a lot more than the ~6" per side that cutting it back for a queen would require. We actually have a queen mattress on our king platform, which we've left unmodified because a prospective next owner might be unhappy about a queen platform and haggle accordingly. It's not always pretty and is occasionally uncomfortable getting in/out of bed but it's not a big sacrifice for us.

Again, welcome.
    Last edited by boyscout; 09-14-2020 at 01:51 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joatmon8504 View Post
    Hello
    Hello and welcome. And yes @boyscout did cause this to come to my attention.

No, I did not have to modify the platform. The edging material I ordered did not fit, and I have not found a replacement. But we've slept in the unit for almost 100 nights since making the change and we're doing fine with how the project was implemented. We've very happy with how easy it is to move around the bed, and the memory foam is far superior to the stock mattress.

Best regards,
    Mr BubbaChris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL