Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March in Texas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

March in Texas

I have noticed in some reviews of Texas, that a lot of areas get quite busy after the second week of March due to "March Break" are there areas that are not so affected . We hope to camp around Big Bend Park the first week of march ,but,not sure where to go after that for a couple of weeks. Going towards Fort Worth for the end of March to the Texas Speedway for Nascar .

Thanks
    Brian
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Bend is pretty safe for not being busy. Most of the coastal places will be though. We will be at TMS in March as well. Have season tickets so we make the spring and fall races. Always rooting for anyone not named Kyle Busch.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradnailer View Post
    Big Bend is pretty safe for not being busy. Most of the coastal places will be though. We will be at TMS in March as well. Have season tickets so we make the spring and fall races. Always rooting for anyone not named Kyle Busch.
    I will second that one (kb)
    thanks
    Brian
    2016 Reflection 303 rls

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your going to TMS most other places won't seem busy. LOL
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    If your going to TMS most other places won't seem busy. LOL
    el Rojo,does TMS usually sell out or will I be able to get tickets at the track for race week and for the actual nascar car sunday race ?
    2016 Reflection 303 rls

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    el Rojo,does TMS usually sell out or will I be able to get tickets at the track for race week and for the actual nascar car sunday race ?
    TMS is never sold out as it seats over 100,000. You can generally get some good seats and pretty good bargains on tickets. You can start trying to get tickets a month or so before the race but you can also get them at the ticket office the week of the race. I'm not sure if there is a Friday night truck race in the spring of 2020 or not. Last year there was, year before not. The Xfinity race is normally Saturday afternoon with the cup race on Sunday afternoon. Most of the time the cup race has a pre race concert. They generally alternate years between rock and country. If you stay in a track campground, make sure you have a generator as most of the spots do not have hook ups. The weather can be cold, hot or perfect. We camp about a mile from the track in a small campground owned by an individual with full hook ups.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the answer Bradnailer. I'm not a race fan so I wouldn't know. But I do know that when TMS was going on we had traffic back ups all the way to 35E on the Dallas side.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Bend National Park will be busy in most of March. I can guarantee it.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beginning in March (Texas school Spring Breaks) and into April you are going to need reservations to assure your getting into most State Parks and some COE parks. Last March we were traveling in the Hill Country of Texas and found most parks were busy but OK for walk in's during the week but full during the weekend. The more popular parks were full during the week. Texas State Parks went to "site specific" reservations this year.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest you make reservations early for Big Bend. That is prime time for spring break as you have mentioned. Big Bend is a major spring break destination especially for the SW. The Texas Hill Country will be a great place the end of March into April as it will be prime wildflower season and is unlike any thing you have witnessed in Canada or any where else. You can visit my website at natureimaging.com to see what I mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast