User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    olberc

293 Slide Out Leaks

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with leaks on the slide outs? We have a 2014 293 and have found that the dining room slide out leaks in both lower corners when the slide is out. I called the factory service number and they suggested that I check the rubber flaps at the corners but the corners look great. I am hoping that someone may have had the same experience and can add thoughts on what I they found. I am really hoping that I don't have to take the 5th wheel back to the dealer as I have not found their service to be of much help when I have taken the trailer in for other items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi olberc and welcome to the forums.
    Sorry to hear about your leak problem. We had the same problem with our previous TT and sad to say it never stopped leaking. I think we brought that trailer in at least 2 times to be repaired while under warranty. It still leaked and after the warranty was up, well...I was on my own. The company refused to work on it anymore. We unfortunately had to live with the leak until we bought our new Solitude. We had absolutely horrible customer service with our old camper.

So far, all of our issues with our Solitude have been resolved. No, I've not had leaks (thank goodness), but I've had some major issues. Mainly, the living area air conditioner. We've had it in the shop 3 times for the air. The last time, the dealer replaced the air!

I hope your issues are fixed soon and to your satisfaction. I believe that Grand Design will help you with this. Take your camper to your dealer, and if it's not fixed the way it should, give customer service another call.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slide bottom.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	1038Check to make sure the seam rails are COMPLETELY sealed. If they aren't, water can seep in and destroy the floor material and possibly get inside the rig. I had to have the bedroom slide floor replaced due to a leak like this. Check the extrusions around the outside of the slide as well. The same thing can happen if they are not properly sealed.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bed slide 4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	1039
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

olberc
    Thanks for the information! I will check it out in the morning!

titrtyca
    Yes, I have and still having a leak in the areas you described, but only at the rear of the dining slide. I bought a 293REs in october 2013, unit #192.
    I had taken to the dealer 90mi away twice for 2 weeks each vist. They of course could not find or duplicate the leak to make any repair. Ryan Prough with GD was of absoulty no help and basicly said I was SOL. So I continue now after the warrenty period with the same problem.

Below is the text I posted in this forum on 5/11/14

We've had our 5th wheel out for a couple of weekend trips, but this is our first trip of any length. We are so upset and discouraged! This is not our first 5th wheel, so we do know what we are doing.
    Right off the bat, we noticed a leak in the shower. We now have a washrag shoved in the corner.
    We had quite a bit of rain and noticed the carpet is wet near our reclining chairs causing the floor to warp. We have a towel soaking that up.
    The cupboard next to our couch must have opened while we were traveling, so when we opened the slide out it caught the cabinet door and damn near ripped it off. Only a bent hinge, but we now have that tied shut.
    The cabinet doors near the refrigerator are so damn close to the slide out that we have now removed the hardware so that we don't repeat the previous problem.
    Our island cabinets will not stay latched when we travel, so they too, are tied shut.

Needless to say, our brand new, Reflection 293RES, now looks like trailer trash.
    Looks like we might have to go back to work to start paying for repairs!

Thanks for listening.......Tim and Katrina