Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Small freezer

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small freezer

Has anyone purchased a small freezer.? Walmart shows a couple of them on the website. 1.1 cubic foot. Thinking about removing the TV from the outside storage.
    29RS. Dimensions should fit. Could use extra freezer space instead of another TV

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can, just will need to leave the exterior door open when you run it, or it won't vent and will overheat.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So all the campers out there that have refrigerators in their outdoor kitchens have to leave the access door open? Can't say I've ever seen that.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    So all the campers out there that have refrigerators in their outdoor kitchens have to leave the access door open? Can't say I've ever seen that.
    I wondered the same thing. There is already a frig with a small freezer in there. Perhaps a freezer puts out
    More heat than a frig ?? Maybe an additional frig like the one that is in there would be OK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess if you need to vent you could just use a RV dryer exhaust cover.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In regards to the outside fridge, in our 29RS I try to leave the outside kitchen door open when camping to allow ventilation for the fridge. I do not believe that a freezer would cause much more heat but possible. This is our second unit with an outside fridge and we have not had any problems whether the door was open a lot or closed more often , but I try to keep it open sometimes.

Brian

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a portable freezer we used on our boat, they come in 25L to 45L size. We have the 45L. It is big but the advantage is it works on 12v or 120v. It can be put in tight places and has a digital thermostat -15 to +40. It draws very few amps but there not cheap.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 323BHS has an outside kitchen, and I just leave the door open all the time. The 4.5 cu. ft. fridge does put out some heat, and it just works better with sufficient air. You might could find a comparable freezer of the same size.

Honestly, when camping our inside freezer holds enough to where a second freezer is not needed. We go to the grocery virtually every day anyway, and freezer storage is very short term for us.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps install a couple of the vents like the battery vent. Easy to install drill a couple of round holes.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have used an Edgestar Convertible refer for last ten years and still works fine on AC and DC. We put it on the backseat platform in the crew cab when traveling using DC power. When camping for extended periods we plug it into exterior AC outlet. This unit will fast freeze if needed. There are three different sizes. URL: https://www.build.com/edgestar-fp430...56?uid=2801868