Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made it home! New 31MB

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time owner!

Well, today was the big day bringing home our new 2020 31MB. Having NEVER trailered a 5th wheel or anything remotely this big, we were beyond nervous.... Happy to report the 30 minute drive was WAY easier than we anticipated and a success! The PDI took a bit longer than we thought it would, mostly uneventful but did have a small hick up with the auto leveling not wanting to auto level but figured it out, we think. When we arrived for the inspection our dealer had it hooked up to 20amp service and no water, said they already inspected both ACs and plumbing and that there wasn't a need to review all that... I didn't feel real comfortable with that approach and after some back and forth, got them to go through the extra step of showing me everything works, filling up the tanks, running the water, turning on the water heater etc... It did, but still feel better knowing it did before we left the lot.. Not sure if this is a common practice but it felt weird to me, oh well. Anyways, not the fun begins, So much more to learn but thank you all for being such a valuable resource up until now and we look forward to contributing where we can on the forum!

Now off to amazon to buy a bunch of stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip31MB View Post
    ...said they already inspected both ACs and plumbing and that there wasn't a need to review all that... I didn't feel real comfortable with that approach and after some back and forth, got them to go through the extra step of showing me everything works...
    Good move. No disrespect to the forum members here who are salesman/dealer reps, but you were smart to be firm. And congrats on getting it home--I remember towing my 315 a whopping 15 miles and celebrating that I didn't hit anything.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. Great that you did a proper PDI. That is a big step for "first timing" , but take your time and double check everything and all will be good.
    About the amazon thing , I did have early retirement planned until I joined this "cult" , I mean forum.

Enjoy

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new rig! I'm scheduled for a pdi soon on the same rig and very similar TV. 2017 f350 SRW. Quick question, do you have airbags on your truck? The pic looks level. Again congrats!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No airbags, with my set up I'm almost perfectly level, maybe a smidge nose high but that's good enough for the people I know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox