User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope so. I haven’t had a chance to pull the wheels off yet but if the braking performance hasn’t improved next week when I take it for a spin I will take a look to check for grease contamination. I would think that the hot shot hauling it from Elkhart to NY would have broken them in based on the way those guys drive and then the 6 hours from western NY to western MA but who knows. Other than this annoying little issue I do love the trailer so far. One last trip at the end of the month to test the cold weather ability up to northern New Hampshire. I was pleasantly surprised with my reflection on its cold weather ability even in the snow last year so Looking forward to giving this one a try as well although no snow yet lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The small brake wires on the trailer has been a problem for some people too. As small as they are they brake fairly easy or just don't get enough voltage to the magnets inside the drums for the brakes to work properly. Then there is that greased brake problem toop. Don't hear of it so much as before though since they went to Dexter axles. A good inspection of the whole brake system wouldn't be a bad idea. Good luck.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    Maybe you can let me know if I would have any issues towing it with my 18’ 2500 HD. Not worried about any squat as I have air bags but I know the payload I think is 3300 lbs on the truck.
    You need to look at your Payload capacity to make this call (tag inside the driver door). I have yet to see a 2500HD that can tow the 3740. You will want at least 4k of payload available (preferably higher). Quick search online:

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
    Pickup truck
    Towing capacity: 13,000 to 14,500 lbs
    Curb weight: 5,741 to 6,689 lbs
    Fuel tank capacity: 36 gal
    Gross vehicle weight rating: 9,300 to 9,900 lbs
    Horsepower: 360 to 445 hp
    Payload: 2,968 to 3,559 lbs
    Full-time as of March 1, 2020
    2019 Chevy 3500 High Country DRW Long Bed, Andersen Ultimate Connection 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch System, Air Lift LoadLifter 7500 XL w/compressor
    2020 Solitude 3740BH R
    Titan Disk Brakes
    Onan Generator, TheDryCampers Installed Solar, Slide-Out Awnings

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iflywhatevr View Post
    I hope so. I haven’t had a chance to pull the wheels off yet but if the braking performance hasn’t improved next week when I take it for a spin I will take a look to check for grease contamination. I would think that the hot shot hauling it from Elkhart to NY would have broken them in based on the way those guys drive and then the 6 hours from western NY to western MA but who knows. Other than this annoying little issue I do love the trailer so far. One last trip at the end of the month to test the cold weather ability up to northern New Hampshire. I was pleasantly surprised with my reflection on its cold weather ability even in the snow last year so Looking forward to giving this one a try as well although no snow yet lol.
    We took a trip to Arizona from Texas right after Christmas. A few of the nights were in the 20's. We had read some posts and opted to get a small space heater for the bunk room - we are so glad that we did. That room was ~10 degrees cooler than then living area where the thermostat is. Here is what I purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this so I could see the temp in the living area, Bunkhouse, "Master" and outside.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Full-time as of March 1, 2020
    2019 Chevy 3500 High Country DRW Long Bed, Andersen Ultimate Connection 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch System, Air Lift LoadLifter 7500 XL w/compressor
    2020 Solitude 3740BH R
    Titan Disk Brakes
    Onan Generator, TheDryCampers Installed Solar, Slide-Out Awnings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about your Airlift Air Bags

Hi iflywatevr,

I also just ordered a 3740BH and have a 1 Ton GMC Sierra to tow. Did you try towing this rig before the Airlift bags and if so, did the rear end sag? Also, did you buy the 5000 or 7500XL bags? If the 7500XL, how is the ride without the trailer?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not tow without the bags installed. I put the 5000 in there and am very happy with them. So far put about 6000 miles on towing this way and no issues tows very well. I inflate to 40 on the bags prior to bitching up typically and find thats a pretty good ride. I deflate the bags to 5psi which is the minimum when not towing and the ride is just like normal without bags even being there. It is a rough ride with the bags inflated and no load on the truck though so make sure you deflate.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not tow without the bags installed. I put the 5000 in there and am very happy with them. So far put about 6000 miles on towing this way and no issues tows very well. I inflate to 40 on the bags prior to bitching up typically and find thats a pretty good ride. I deflate the bags to 5psi which is the minimum when not towing and the ride is just like normal without bags even being there. It is a rough ride with the bags inflated and no load on the truck though so make sure you deflate.
    LOL I prefer to hitch up mine.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to ask, what is your tow vehicle?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12