Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hail damage

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hail damage

Suffered a hail storm that got us a new roof, deck refinished and so on. The camper was parked in driveway. It broke all three vent covers, the bathroom skylight and pulled down the lights on front of camper. When taking it in to the dealer for service I ask if they would look at the roof to see if there was any hail damage. They told me someone looked and did not see anything. When we went camping last time and opened the canopy it had small holes all along the the area that connects to the camper. My concern is if the roof has damage from the hail and i don't turn it in to the insurance Co within the time frame i will get nothing. Also if the roof starts leaking in a year or so and GD says it was from hail damage, once again i get nothing. My question is will dealers give a written statement that no hail damage was present on said date and will that protect my warranty.
    Thanks for any input.

Bill
    Bill and Sandy Omaha Nebraska
    2018 Ford 150 3.5 Ecoboost Max tow
    2018 Imagine 2500 rl

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would contact the insurance company again and again until you are satisfied. If there was that much damage to you house , way better built than an RV , then surely there is damage to the roof membrane on the RV. Unfortunately the roof is hard to inspect , not easy to find small holes.

Brian

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't the insurance inspector look? Or you could take a look. I'd be on my hands and knees scouring every inch of that roof inspecting it. Of course if you can't get up there or aren't stable, I'd still have someone re-inspect it - maybe take some photos too.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following this thread. I am in same situation, though only my tv antenna suffered a hole in it. Had >$5k damage on truck and total roof/gutter replacement. Brick house. I can't see any visible damage on the rv roof either. I have *not* had my insurance co. come and inspect (yet).
    Taz (Vizsla)-- Lead Dog
    Steve and Karen-- Team
    >>>-------------------->
    2017 Ford 350 6.7 DRW
    2018 GD 328 Momentum

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are Independent Insurance Adjusters whose only job is to inspect and find damages after an event like a hail storm, fire, etc. Find one with experience on RVs and RV roofs. They usually charge a percentage if the insurance recovery, so they are incentivized to find all the damage (i.e.: the damaged awning). However, you may also find one who will charge a flat fee for just an inspection.

Often, your insurance time limit starts once you discover the damage, not when the damage (hail storm) occurs, so you may be okay.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK